Allen Accomplice Jr. head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by hector, Feb 17, 2009.

1. hector

hector Member

I really want one of these, but doubt I can build it myself. The price of a new one is a bit out of reach. Does anyone have an Accomplice Jr. head they want to part with?

2. jumpnblues

jumpnblues Member

If you can solder you can build it. David's instructions are very good.

Tom

3. hector

hector Member

I can solder, but it doesn't look pretty. More importantly, I simply don't have time to build it myself. I'm working full time, watching my toddlers 3-4 nights a week while my wife works evenings, and playing in two bands. I barely have time to practice.:messedup

4. hector

hector Member

I found one! I do have a question about the Accomplice Jr. vs. the standard Accomplice. The specs say no impedence switch on the Jr. I will likely want to run this at 4 ohms. The Allen website doesn't tell me the options. Anyone know if the Jr. works at 4 ohms and/or 8 ohms ??

5. hector

hector Member

Got a response from Dave. The Jr. is standard with 8 ohm, using 6L6 tubes. Now, the question is, is it safe to run my 4 ohm cab into the 8 ohm head?

6. Phil M

Phil M Supporting Member

I don't think that's a good idea. You can run a 4 ohm head into an 8 ohm cab but I think you will have problems the other way around. Perhaps your cab can be re-wired to be 8 ohm or maybe mod the head to be 4 ohms.

7. topbrent

topbrent Member

You can go 4 - 8 or 8 - 4 with no problems.

Small Ohm mismatch's on an amp with a good output transformer just isn't that big of a deal.

I don't sweat bullets every time I plug my vintage tweed bassman, brownface pro and blackface super reverbs, twin reverbs, bassman's, princetons, ect into an extension cabinet.

Leo knew what he was doing.