Allen Amps is For Sale

motron

Platinum Supporting Member
A friend of mine is looking for an amp and I recommended Allen Amps to him. I have an Accomplice Jr. that I adore. He immediately got back to me to say that the entire company is for sale. Sure enough:

Dave Allen is retiring this Spring and wants to sell the company in order to keep his amp models around.

In my dealings with Dave, he was a terrific guy and a pleasure to do business with. He will be a really hard act to follow.

dcbc

A friend of mine is looking for an amp and I recommended Allen Amps to him. I have an Accomplice Jr. that I adore. He immediately got back to me to say that the entire company is for sale. Sure enough:

Dave Allen is retiring this Spring and wants to sell the company in order to keep his amp models around.

In my dealings with Dave, he was a terrific guy and a pleasure to do business with. He will be a really hard act to follow.
I was wondering when this might happen. David worked on two of my old Fenders and got them sounding incredible. He's was wonderful to work with and I know he'll be missed by those musicians lucky enough to have one of his amps or whose amps he serviced. Cheers!

natmiss

Silver Supporting Member
I have two Allen amps. My favorites. I'm sorry to hear this but I understand retiring. I did it two years ago. Buy them up while you can. Is he still taking build orders I wonder?

56Tweed

Ge Fuzz-o-holic
Gold Supporting Member
I've had nothing but good experiences and I dig his products. Many of the his tweaks are the exact "but if only" wishes for my vintage fenders. Good for him for being able to make the move. I do hope that somebody is able to step in with the passion and skills to see it forward.

otaypanky

Play it like you mean it ~
Platinum Supporting Member
I'm happy for David :)
He's one of the finest guys I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with, a real sweetheart. And he offered a hell of an amp or amp kit at really good prices.

rumbletone

Silver Supporting Member
Good for him to be able to retire! Hopefully he sells to someone who is willing to sell internationally so I can finally buy one of his kits …

Will V.

Silver Supporting Member
I was wondering when this might happen. David worked on two of my old Fenders and got them sounding incredible. He's was wonderful to work with and I know he'll be missed by those musicians lucky enough to have one of his amps or whose amps he serviced. Cheers!

Same. I had a blackface Bassman modded and serviced by him. I always wanted to get one of his own models.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom