Allen Brown Sugar 2 x10 Combo.....good price, used?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jimfog, Aug 3, 2008.

1. jimfog

jimfog Senior Member

Hey,

I have an Allen Brown Sugar 2 x10 Combo (built by Allen, not a kit), that I got as part of a deal. 2 years old, immaculate.......really sounds great.

I like the amp a lot, but don't NEED it, so I was thinking of moving it, but have no idea what to ask. It was $1699 new.

Any ideas, before I list it?

Thanks!

- Jim

2. phatster

phatster Member

I got a 1-15 model in like new shape for 1400,well you asked for it.

3. jimfog

jimfog Senior Member

No, that's cool......I'd be cool with getting @ $1000 for it.......does that seem fair?

4. phatster

phatster Member

Thats fair if you show pics of a clean machine...include a couple of gut shots as folks like to see glass.David Allen lives near me,he is a very stand up guy who has a great rep.Essentially makes the amps in his shop which is a converted garage.Good luck with the sale!

5. Wesman61

Wesman61 Supporting Member

I was looking at those today. It seems like the perfect amp for Me. Great cleans, reverb, 15 or 30 watts & probably works great with pedals. Just don't have the bucks. Would You take a post dated check for August '09?:hide

6. jimfog

jimfog Senior Member

Thanks guys.....any other thoughts?

7. Mullet Kingdom

Mullet Kingdom Senior Member

Yeah. I wish I had the extra cash to buy it from you. :D

8. shark_bite

shark_bite Member

+1. I keep buying amps I don't need... but hopefully one day I'll own a Brown Sugar. Hopefully willhutch's Brown Sugar, because that thing just sounds absolutely fantastic with a Tele. Or just about anything else.

9. willhutch

willhutch Supporting Member

Lately I've been using the Brown Sugar quite a bit. It is the amp I keep in the car and carry around to rehearsals for the myriad projects I am doing. It has seen a fair amount of gig duty, too.

The amp is cool because you can get so many sounds out of it. It accepts any octal tube. The raw control provides added flexibility, too. The other day I installed EL34s and dimed the raw and volume controls. It sounded incredible. The amp covers blackface tones, but can do other things as well....including distorting in a way I find pleasing at acceptable stage volume.

I've got it loaded with 6V6s now. I also converted it to fixed bias.

Hey Shark_bite, I think you would dig the amp with 6V6s. Come buy it from me. I want to build another amp!