• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Allman Bros accepting Grammy Lifetime Award

Guitar55

Who was that masked man?
Gold Supporting Member
I'm no fan of Dickey today, but he should have been there. Chuck Leavell said he 'couldn't' be there.

It's nice to hear a band accept an award without that annoying TV timer counting down on them.

Louthunder

You know, there are many great bands out there and I like quite a few of them, but I do believe if I had to narrow it down to one favorite for me, it would be the Allman bros.

Marble

I really wish Dickey could have been there but I'm glad the Allman Brothers Band has been recognized formally like this. Btw, thats my tweet they show twice during Butch's speech talking about Duane & Berry.

Calloway

Silver Supporting Member
I read an article on Jambands.com that said Dickey was in fact gonna be there. I thought they were gonna be on the televised portion and I was stoked for once to watch the Grammy's. Oh well.

Mark Barna

Thank goodness the site had a great fast forward. What a bore, and good on Betts for staying away. Yeah, they were a good band through 73, and Haynes and Trucks revitalized them live...but...

Two-Octave

Butch didn't mention Moogis.---- Uh.....Trucks my man,you owe me money.

I'll just wait here at my house for my refund check. ---- Asshole. :)

HiddenCharms

Every incarnation of the Allman Brothers has been good. But, in their prime, I'd pick them as the best band in the U.S.

tommc

Supporting Member
A well deserved award that should have been presented in prime time instead of some of the pop drivel that will likely be seen in the main show.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom