Allparts Fat Rosewood Tele neck

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Redfish, May 13, 2008.

1. Redfish

Redfish Member

Is it true that Allparts only makes the fat Tele neck in all maple? I've looked around and can't find the rosewood board Tele neck in the fat size. If this is the case, what is the fattest Tele neck they make with a rosewood board and 9.5 radius? Anyone know?

2. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

TRO-C

Medium C, 10" radius.

It isn't near as fat as the TMO-FAT but it's still comfortable.

3. Redfish

Redfish Member

Thanks, Anyone got the thickness measurements of the TRO-C neck at the 1st and 12th frets? I don't understand why they don't make the fat Tele neck in rosewood. They make it for the Strat.

4. gkelm

gkelm Supporting Member

I really like the TRO-C, but would not call it "fat"...it has more wood than a 60s Fender CS strat, maybe more like a 65.

Greg

5. Caretaker

Caretaker Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yes. It`s true. I`ve spoken to them. I had everything else in front of me for the guitar and I called them and was told they don`t make it with RW. I was crushed. I have the strat version on my strat and wanted it on my tele project. I scrapped the whole thing I was so pissed.

6. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

Yeah, I don't get it either.

They offer the FAT in rosewood and maple for a strat but only maple for a tele. :messedup

7. Mike9

Mike9 Supporting Member

You could get a Warmoth Fat Back check their showcase.

8. heavysoul

heavysoul Member

Not sure if you absolutely have to have a rosewood board but let me tell you i have the Allparts maple FAT neck for my tele and it's great. the 9.5 radius and vintage tall frets make for a killer combination and don't let me get started on the girth—it's club-like. I was also pleasantly surprised at the cool figuring on the maple when i got it. Give it a try.

9. K-Line

K-Line Gold Supporting Member

They do not make one. I have been trying to get this from them but to no avail. Everyone needs to shoot them an email or call Steve and get him in gear. This would be a hugh seller from them as their necks are the best value in a Fender headstock. The TRO-C is about .85 at the 3rd. They are great, my personal fav. The Fat necks measure about .96ish up to about 1". They say 1" but they do have a slight taper.

10. Redfish

Redfish Member

Thanks for the measurements Chris. I could probably live with th TRO-C but I don't see why they omit this one size. Lets all email allparts about this and see if we can influence them.

Heavysoul, I hear ya but I have a Nocaster so I have the fat maple neck Tele covered. My buddy has the neck you have and I love it. That's what got me interested in having the same neck with a rosewood board. By the way his neck is fairly flamey too.

Mike9, I am currently having Warmoth make me a neck for my EJ Strat but I wanted to stick to a smaller budget for this Tele build. If I'm really impressed with the Strat neck I might just bite the bullet and have them build my Tele neck too.

Thanks for all the info guys. It all helps.

11. Redfish

Redfish Member

I sent a long Email last week to Allparts last week explaining how many of us would love it if they would make this neck available. I got a single line response. NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME. I don't get it. Would this require extensive retooling? I don't see how that can be the case if they can make it in Maple. I guess I'll just pay the extra money and get it made by Warmoth. Oh well.

12. mlynn02

mlynn02 Supporting Member

Do the allparts necks come finished, or is that extra?

And can you specify any of the features, or does it just come the way it comes?

13. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

I imagine their neck supplier has minimum order requirements and even though there is a market for the rosewood FAT the minimum order might be too high a quantity.

They come finished but there is an extra charge for it. As far as structural features, they come the way they come.

They're very nice necks but if you're looking for custom work you need to look elsewhere.

14. Alvis

Alvis Member

Im holding off on 2 science projects for that neck.Last time i ordered ,I brought it up .The guy said there ARE workin on it and that it may be a reality by the end of the summer.Now I dont know if that was lip service or a fact .Im gonna make an order in a couple of days and bring it up again