Allparts hardware any good?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Yr Blues, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Yr Blues

Yr Blues Member

I'm going to build a 50s style Stratocaster. Are their hardware any good? Buying everything from one source is a plus, however I'm buying the body and neck from a place that will finish it in nitrocellulose.

2. Mike9

Mike9 Supporting Member

3. Chris Rice

Chris Rice Member

Their own stuff varies from crap to excellent, as do the lines they carry. If you dig around on the web you can find resellers who'll get you a discount (25%ish) on the entire Allparts catalog. I used to, but don't have the time anymore.

4. Pete Galati

Pete Galati Member

I get most guitar parts from Specialty Guitars these days. Among other things, they carry Callaham hardware, and you can't do any better than that for Strat parts.

5. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

See the last line in my sig.

6. Yr Blues

Yr Blues Member

Thanks for the tip. I know some of their stuff are crappy, but I'm thinking about building another guitar afterwards, and sourcing all the parts from one place is easier, especially if they're all designed by the same people.

Callaham parts are more than I want to spend. I want to concentrate my money on the body and neck, and the nitrocellulose finish.

7. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

right. the $50 korean tremolo is going to be junk, while the $120 all-steel gotoh is going to be excellent. looking for good brands is a safe bet (just like anywhere else).