Allparts neck and a Warmoth body....

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by gerryguitar, May 6, 2008.

1. gerryguitar

gerryguitar Member

I have aquired an Allparts maple tele neck and I'm thinking about getting a Warmoth tele body for it... are the 2 components compatable I suppose is my question....?

2. Mike9

Mike9 Supporting Member

In theory it should fit just fine, but my experience with a factory finished Allparts neck was that the finish was so thick it was too fat for the neck pocket. This was the case with a Fender USA body and Warmoth uses identical specs.

3. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

I wouldn't worry too much.

I've used a WD neck on a USACG body. I put a Hefner neck on the same USACG body.

I've used All Parts necks on three Guitar Mill bodies and I have another All Parts neck that's going on a body a TGP member is building for me.

I haven't had a problem yet.

4. gerryguitar

gerryguitar Member

thanks for that... actually the neck was unfinished... I've just put about 10 coats of Truoil on it lightly wirewooling it between each coat... so it should be ok...I think...

5. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

Hey gerry,

post some pics when you're done.

6. RadackGuitars

RadackGuitars Supporting Member

should be fine. do yourself a favor and pay the extra to get a lightweight body, otherwise they're going to send you a boat anchor.

7. K-Line

K-Line Gold Supporting Member

be aware that I have to open neck pockets to fit a warmoth neck with a warmoth body. Same for USACG. The only parts that I have found to fit together with no alterations are the AllParts neck with AllParts body, fit like a glove. Could be worse, you could have a neck pocket that is too big I guess. AllParts are very tight specs IMHO.

8. gerryguitar

gerryguitar Member

yeah I will do..... I've been looking at this finished mahogany thinline... just under 4 pounds... whatya think..??

[​IMG]

9. Boris Bubbanov

Boris Bubbanov Member

If there's anywhere nearby you can check out a Warmoth T-type body in person, please do so. I was caught off guard by all the chamfer on these Warmoth bodies, and on a pre-fin, what see is what you get.
    'Tis real neat from here, tho.

Bubbanov