Allparts neck quality?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by mims2, Dec 25, 2009.

1. mims2

mims2 Member

I am thinking about getting an Allparts neck for a project of mine because I can get a really good deal through a friend of mine. How are the quality of these necks?

2. PixMix

PixMix Member

I just recently got a strat SRO-C neck from allparts. I have yet to finish it and assemble the guitar (waiting on the bridge to arrive).

However, I like it a lot! Seems very well made and the rosewood board on mine was nice and dark. Count on filing the fret ends, though.

3. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

I've used 8 on builds so far with no complaints.

You'll find threads here talking of the high quality of Fender Japan. The All Parts necks come from the same factory.

4. K-Line

K-Line Gold Supporting Member

5. Zero

Zero Member

I replaced a neck on my old Strat with one. I like it a lot more than the original. (SMO) Although it was a tad fat. I took 1/16" off the back of the neck.

6. ReddRanger

ReddRanger Member

I have two on Strats that I really like.

7. guitarmandp

guitarmandp Member

Mine sucks. I hate the sharp frets.

I just ordered a Warmoth and I'm going to put the mighty mite on eBay.

lukian likes this.
  8. ReddRanger

ReddRanger Member

Mighty Mite and Allparts are not the same.....

9. dazco

dazco Member

Never tried the necks, but i have a 3T sunburst strat body that is w/o a doubt the nicest strat body i have ever seen. Or at the very least i can say i have seen none better. build, finish, wood grain, 2 piece right down the middle and matched beautifully. I paid just over $200 new ! I can't imagine them selling neck in a lower class than the bodies so i'm sure they are great. i hear these are japanese fender necks and bodies, and those are rated as top notch by the general consensus. easily on par with fenders USA best. i wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

10. Tidewater Custom Shop

Tidewater Custom Shop Performance Enhancing Guitarworks Supporting Member

I had a sharp V Allparts Strat maple neck. Came with a partscaster. I thought it was a very good neck. However, that was after I rolled the sharp edges and dressed the frets somewhat. Very sure and sturdy, as I recall.

11. dcooper

dcooper Member

I got one and put it this guitar that my son broke the neck on
    12" radius, thicker than my other strats, my son clear coated it and it came out nice.'it's my favorite guitar to sit around and practice with
    [​IMG]

12. kwaves99

kwaves99 Member

i Have a 1999 American Standard Strat. i brought it into my favorite guitar tech Evan Gluck, and he said an option to consider instead of the necessary Fret job, was to buy a new neck. i got an AllParts Strat Vintage Reissue neck brought it back to Evan and he did his thing. Now with the new neck (which is beefier than the stock standard neck) the guitar is better than it ever was. Kudos to Allparts and to Evan.

13. Bobbofallenstar

Bobbofallenstar Member

Allparts TRF -21 fret, maple/rosewood tele neck is my favorite neck of all time.

chordball likes this.
  14. Cylon

Cylon Senior Member

why do they put the dam truss rod at the heel >:

15. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

They're vintage style truss rods, so the heel is the correct place for the adjustment screw. I have their necks on a Strat and a few Tele's here and it's really no big deal. The truss rod usually doesn't need adjusting more than a couple times a year and only takes a few minutes.

16. wavey63

wavey63 Member

I love em. Nice and cheap, like me, and top notch stuff. Yes, you are gonna need to bevel the fret ends which is SUPER easy to do but I have not played a real Strat for under $700 that didn't have the same problem. I have actually had one that I got used from a friend 13 years ago and have not had to do ANYTHING to it. No truss rod adjustment, nothin'! Now thats how I like it. Anyone who doesn't want their Allprts, I'll pay postage to my house to dispose of them properly!!:love:

17. johnjd52

johnjd52 Member

I,ve got one on a tele partscaster, it's the fat maple neck,plays great and very comfortable.

18. marscottm

marscottm Member

How "sharp" is the vee on the Allparts SMO-V neck? One site described it as a soft vee, while the fellow above described it as being "sharp".

19. johnmfer

johnmfer Member

I have two Allparts necks, both are great, very stable, sound good. One of them replaced a Warmoth neck that was also good, but super heavy. Both my Allparts necks needed a full professional fret dress/level/crown, but their lower cost offsets that additional expense. USACG is the best aftermarket maker out there, but Allparts are really good too. Don't waste your time and money with Mighty Mite.

20. biffonbass

biffonbass Member

I have an Allparts jazz bass neck on my first line bass.
    Great stuff!