Allparts tele necks?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by gnugear, Jan 24, 2006.

1. gnugear

gnugear Member

I'm curious if any of you have tried them and what you think of the quality, wood, fret work, etc.

I've had several Warmoth's and they all needed fret leveling so I'm not going that route. My USA Customs strat neck was perfect and needed no extra work, but it's also $100 more.

The Allparts neck that I'm looking at has a 9.5" radius, nitro finish, and a C shaped profile.

2. Brion

Brion Supporting Member

I have an allparts tele neck with the fat profile. The fret work is decent and even though I haven't leveled the frets and it plays fine, a fret leveling is probably in it's future. For the price it's a very nice neck that is well made and fit my USACG body perfectly.

3. Killcrop

Killcrop Supporting Member

4. johnmfer

johnmfer Supporting Member

I put an Allparts 22 fret 12" radius neck on my Squier '51. Bought it used but in brand new condition so I don't know if the frets had been worked on or leveled at all. It's one of my favorite necks. I can get the action really low without buzzing. The frets are amazing! Incredible polish I've never seen on a guitar before. No overhangs. The poly finish is flawless. Every time I play the '51 I can't believe what an amazing guitar it is for a little more than $300 total investment.

The only complaint I have is the fretboard was apparently stained to a darker color than the rosewood was originally. For the first couple weeks I played it I would get dark marks on my fingertips, but that has since stopped. Once again, this may be the work of the previous seller.

My other necks incluse two by Warmoth and two by Fender Japan, and they're all very nice quality, although one of the Warmoths has satin finish-peeling issues on the treble side. My friend recently bought a Mighty Mite 22 fret "hard V" neck recently, and almost every fret overhangs on both sides, and he has dead fret issues as well. For the extra $50 or so the Allparts is heads and tails better than the Mighty Mite.

5. 1radicalron

1radicalron Member

The Allparts Tele neck is the Best Aftermarket Tele neck that I have Tried.
    And I Think I have tried them all. It is Fairly Large C style neck, So you will need to like BIG Necks. The Fret Job is Decent. But Everybody seems to have a differnt opinion on that anyway. I advise some Steel Wool and a Fret Issolator to polish them up real nice.
    I Aged this One and It came out Real Nice.
    [​IMG]

6. Seegs

Seegs Member

I ebay'd an Allparts boatneck from Billy at RocknRoll Relics and it was the best neck I've ever had and I'Ve had a bunch of custom necks made...the frets may have needed some polishing but thats it...it was pretty cheap on top of it...

Chow,
    Seegs

7. bigroy

bigroy Member

+1 on the Allparts boatneck! Got one on my tele.

8. gnugear

gnugear Member

That looks bitchin. It's exactly what I want to do with my tele.

I'm gonna go for the Allparts.

9. gnugear

gnugear Member

What did you do for the body? Did you finish it yourself and what color is it ... aged butterscotch or honey blonde? It's a sweet looking guitar.

10. 1radicalron

1radicalron Member

Guitar was Built for me by Mcheal Viteri his eMail is - djangophile@yahoo.com
    He works out of the Houston TX Area at a Vintage Guitar shop. The Body I Believe is a Custom made 1 piece Ash Body. The Neck is Allparts. He sprayed a Very thin Coat of Nitro and Did some Relicing. I did the Rest with a Dremel Tool. She has Fender Custom Shop Nocaster Pups and She Plays and Sounds Incredible!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Here is it next to my 1997 Cuetto Relic Nocaster.
    [​IMG]

11. gnugear

gnugear Member

Nice!!!

What color is that on the left?

12. pokey

pokey Supporting Member

I'm a big fan of the Allparts TMNF-FAT, have a couple of them that I purchased from frettech. Rob DiStefano is :AOK

13. 1radicalron

1radicalron Member

Thats Vintage Yellow. The First NoCasters in 1951 Came only in this Color. That Particular Guitar is not a 1951 - but is a 1996 Fender Nocaster Relic.