Sold Allyn Meyers Concorde - NOS Tubes - Bubinga / Quilted Maple KF50 Headshell

blownirocz

Suppoutin' Memba Sinss Dem Oud Dayz...
Gold Supporting Member
Up for sale is an incredible sounding, and stunningly gorgeous, Concorde build done by master builder Allyn Meyers. The quality of this build is everything you'd expect.

Housed in a custom built KF50 style head shell built by our very own Larry Mann (a.k.a. distortion) in African Bubinga with beautiful quilted maple V. The detail on this cab is amazing. Check out the maple strips on the back. Also comes with matching flame/quilted maple faceplate so you can choose between black faceplate with control labels, or matching wood faceplate with no labels.

Comes with NOS tubes all throughout:
  • v1 - Electrohome 12AX7 Made in Canada (relabeled Amperex Bugle Boy)
  • v2 - Mazda ECC83
  • v3 - Mullard ECC83
  • P1 - NOS Siemens EL34
  • P2 - NOS Siemens EL34
Also has a foot switch that controls fast/gradual mode which is built to the well documented Pete Thorn / Dave Friedman spec for fast/gradual values. These values tighten up the amp when driven hard making the amp usable across the full sweep of the volume control. This improvement makes the amp very usable in live situations, as well as for recording. Documented here: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/friedman-worked-some-magic-komet-content.517175/

As you would expect, it cleans up beautifully. And the gain sounds are just spectacular to say the least, with perfect string separation and amazing harmonic overtones.

$2750 OBO Shipped and Paypal'ed CONUS

Here's a quick video of what you can expect:

Last edited:

Nico.

What is the difference between this amp and an actual Komet built Concorde? Does this builder modify the circuit or is it 100% the same?
Does he use better components than Komet does, besides NOS tubes?

blownirocz

Gold Supporting Member
What is the difference between this amp and an actual Komet built Concorde? Does this builder modify the circuit or is it 100% the same?
Does he use better components than Komet does, besides NOS tubes?
My understanding is that aside from the mod mentioned above (for fast/gradual), Allyn did not modify the circuit in any material way. With regard to the components, I am not technically experienced enough with tube amp building to answer that question. I can only tell you what my ears tell me, and that is that it sounds every bit as good (and in some ways "feels" better) as the two Komet Concordes I've owned in the past (both amazing amps in their own right). But that's why I've kept this one so long after the others were sold off...

Last edited:

flcmcya

Jim at Scumback has posted very positive comments about this amp. :cool:

If I wasn't sitting on a Concorde I would be doing some serious thinking right now.

Love the cab!

Distortion

Flame Maple Fanatic
I built this cabinet and several others for Allyn's Concorde clones.
In fact the one Jim was referring to was originally built for me, so Allyn and I
spoke several times about the components used in the builds.
If I remember correctly the amp was an exact copy of the Concorde, but Allyn did say some of the components were upgraded over what was being used by the Komet guys.
Exactly what these upgrades were I don't recall, but I do remember discussing this.
Both the original Concorde and Allyn's clones are exceptional Rock and Roll Beasts.

Last edited:

blownirocz

Gold Supporting Member
Jim at Scumback has posted very positive comments about this amp. :cool:

If I wasn't sitting on a Concorde I would be doing some serious thinking right now.

Love the cab!
Thanks flcmcya. From what I was told, this amp is actually the twin of one of the amps that Jim has.

In fact the one Jim was referring to was originally built for me, so Allyn and I
If I remember correctly the amp was an exact copy of the Concorde, but Allyn did say some of the components were upgraded over what was being used by the Komet guys.
Exactly what these upgrades were I don't recall, but I do remember discussing this.
Both the original Concorde and Allyn's clones are exceptional Rock and Roll Beasts.
Larry my man!!! Yes sir, you definitely build some beauties. I still have the flame maple 1x12 4-in-1 cab you built me for this beast. Haven't been able to get myself to part with it yet. In case you don't remember your work of art :cool::

Last edited:

Scumback Speakers

Platinum Supporting Member
Larry, how the heck are you, sir? Yes, I've got one of these with the gradual/fast footswitch mod installed by Dave Friedman and then it was upgraded to Mullard EL34's, Telefunken/Amperex and Mullard preamp tubes I've got the blonde flame maple head, still looks great years later (although a couple of scratches in it from hauling it to shows, etc).

I'm sure whoever gets this head will be very happy with it. Good luck with the sale, blownirocz!

blownirocz

Gold Supporting Member
Larry, how the heck are you, sir? Yes, I've got one of these with the gradual/fast footswitch mod installed by Dave Friedman and then it was upgraded to Mullard EL34's, Telefunken/Amperex and Mullard preamp tubes I've got the blonde flame maple head, still looks great years later (although a couple of scratches in it from hauling it to shows, etc).

I'm sure whoever gets this head will be very happy with it. Good luck with the sale, blownirocz!
Thanks Jim! Not sure if you remember me...this is Ali. We've spent a lot of time on the phone talking speakers (and cars) over the years! Hope you're doing well man. And thanks for all the guidance with speaker selection. This baby was paired with one of the best, and most versatile speakers on the market IMHO -- the large dust cap J75 installed in the 1x12 cab you see above. Stellar stellar tone.

Distortion

Flame Maple Fanatic
Hey guys, its funny that even though Allyn built very few of these amps, we all have owned one.
These amps produce the sound I have always described as one of the ultimate Rock and Roll amps available..
Not for the meek or timid, but just Killer tones...
Jim, some time back I found a clip of your amp in the LA amp shootout.. It sounded great and was clearly the best
looking amp there.. :D
Ali is a great guy to deal with and I know whoever gets this amp will be very happy with it.

blownirocz

Gold Supporting Member
Last edited:

Trending Topics