alright, so here a wild idea... NEED YOUR HELP

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by c diddy 5000, Feb 17, 2012.

1. c diddy 5000

c diddy 5000 Member

Ive been battling constantly for the past 2 years or so whether or not to have all my fx in a rack with my amp for 2 reasons;

1. all of my setting on the pedals would change only when i change them.
    2. i could utilize the benefits of midi control for switching pedals in and out of the chain.

This has all been working out very well until i came across my Fulltone FD2 and my Option 5 Destination Rotation. Both of these pedals have a secondary footswitchable feature that becomes rendered useless when they are 10ft away, in a rack, being switched in and out of a loop. For instance, the boost feature on the FD2, which i love in conjunction with my rig, is forced to either remain on or off. On the Destination Rotation, the speed control is either set to slow or fast speed.

On to my question...

I have heard of folks modding a delay pedal, the Nova Delay for instance, so that the tap tempo switch is replaced by a jack to allow for an external footswitch to trigger the tempo. it would be highly beneficial to me if i could find someway of doing this same mod to my FD2 (or destination Rotation) to be able to trigger the boost side (or speed control) with a midi controlled relay switch, like the Payne Labs K-Switch (controls my 4 audio loops, and 4 functions, such as amp channel switching). Could anyone please point me in the right direction?

2. mixn4him

mixn4him Supporting Member

Saw this on HRI also and thought about why not just use the Musicom Floor switcher? That way you have the pedals infront of you if you do need to step on a boost or something and you have the ability to create presets with all the pedals...Just a thought.. I think there is a Rocktron Floormate in the Emporium that would do the same thing ~ $200.00

3. jordiesaenz

jordiesaenz Member

If it's just an on/off switch (which I'm pretty sure the boost button of the FD2 is) it's a simple mod, if you're asking what I think you're asking. Simply need to have an on/off switch, which could be wired to a 1/4" jack. It's more wire going to your rig, but it could be done. It functions essentially the same way as an external tap switch, but it isn't momentary.

4. c diddy 5000

c diddy 5000 Member

Exactly! It would allow me to only have my midi pedal and tuner at my feet, while having total control over it. Could you elaborate a bit more on how to go about doing it? Perhaps a wiring diagram?

5. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

This idea seems grounded... I just wanted to plug into my noggin' and have my gear fulfill my subconsciousness requests (including playing that guitar).

6. c diddy 5000

c diddy 5000 Member

well that would certainly be groundbreaking!