Also found - old tubes

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Bruceman, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Bruceman

Bruceman Member

RCA 6K6 with a G underneath
    Another is a big one - says Tung-Sol 4 - and on the glass it says 80 inside a hexagon.

Then there are two steel case tubes:
    6sj7
    6sf5

appreciate any help i.d.ing them.

2. V-Type

V-Type Member

3. tedwoods

tedwoods Member

The 80 tube is a rectifier tube similar to the 5Y3 but with a different pin out.
    The 6K6G is an output tube, used in Fender stand alone reverbs and in some single ended amps.
    The 6SJ7 is a preamp pentode tube precursor of the 5879 tube used in Gibson amps and some hi-fi amps and pre-amps.
    The 6SF5 is a single triode. I've seen this tube in Supros and some modern hi-fi.

4. Marble

Marble Member

They all can be picked up for about $10 or less from a tv/radio repair shop that has been in business for 30+ years fyi. That is if they are NOS.

5. Bruceman

Bruceman Member

Eureeeka! Whilst noodling around today, digging out some of my old crap to see what's in what cases I find a very early Supro 60 with the amp in case. "Cept there isn't an amp. Well, I've been draggin old stuff down to my new amp guy and after looking at the volume numbers/plate on the guitar I remembered seeing another plate like that. It was on this little amp I was about to take to amp man. (Mark) Viola! I had evidently years ago took it all apart, possibly when I moved to keep the tubes form breaking. So, TedWoods was spot on. Supro! Now then - another mystery I can't solve looking online. It has an 8" Jensen with these numbers ink stamped on the back of the magnet. E8RS C1050 Most speaker searches want 6 digits. So I'm stuck. Any ideas? thanks!