Alt.Country Club-Lucky Number 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd richman

Yup! No sports here until tonight-Flyers and Phillies in Prime Time! Dover NASCAR is on-that's an hour and a half away! No Grant since it's tomorrow in the early a.m. in Australia and Bobbo is probably sleeping off a rock star hangover!

Jay Wilson

Silver Supporting Member
I enjoy Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Ryan Adams & the Cardinals, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Big Star and Band of Horses. Can I join the club?

Cornbread

I enjoy Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Ryan Adams & the Cardinals, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Big Star and Band of Horses. Can I join the club?
Heck yeah...everyone is welcome. Especially someone such good taste in music.

Jay Wilson

Silver Supporting Member
I had some pedals on order from Brian at Farndurk, including the original Raven, to complete my alt country/roots rock rig, but suffered a loss in the family and Brian graciously refunded my money so that I could take care of a few things at home. I'm having to unload a few pedals I acquired, including a Barber 1/2 Gainer, Huckleberry fuzz and Boss DM-2, but I've found that I prefer simplicity.

I'm currently running an Esquire into a Lumpy's MKII, Screwdriver, RC Booster and a 64 transition-era Princeton (brownface circuit), which gives me everything I need for the alt country and roots rock styles. A tremolo footswitch for the Princeton would be nice and then I'm set.

todd richman

Nice rig. The Farndurk and Lumpy's stuff is superb. That is gonna be my complement of dirt also as I revise my board.

carljoensson

Ok, reintroducing myself to the club with a new guitar. I just scored an early 60s Burns Jazz split sound guitar at a local pawnshop auction. Not a typical americana tool, but I continue to be inspired by Buddy Miller and his choice of untypical guitars. It's no Wandre/Davoli for sure, and not good enough at being a strat, but I'm hoping it will do something different.

The pick-up selector has four options: Jazz (neck), Treble (bridge), Split sound (bass strings from neck, treble strings from middle or bridge(?)) and last but not least Wild dog (which is some sort of nasal out of phase setting). The guitar was sold in America under the name Ampeg Wild Dog.

The only people hunting down Burns guitars seems to be members of bands covering the Shadows. Thus, it's hard to get an idea of how it sounds like since all clips on Youtube are drenched in apache-echo. However, some sort of apache/desert/surf-sound might be right what I'm looking for. For an early 60s handbuilt guitar I paid the equivalent of a used Fender Mexico strat around here, so I feel confident to recoup the money if it doesn't work out.

And this is what it looks like:

seiko

Ok, reintroducing myself to the club with a new guitar. I just scored an early 60s Burns Jazz split sound guitar at a local pawnshop auction. Not a typical americana tool, but I continue to be inspired by Buddy Miller and his choice of untypical guitars. It's no Wandre/Davoli for sure, and not good enough at being a strat, but I'm hoping it will do something different.

The pick-up selector has four options: Jazz (neck), Treble (bridge), Split sound (bass strings from neck, treble strings from middle or bridge(?)) and last but not least Wild dog (which is some sort of nasal out of phase setting). The guitar was sold in America under the name Ampeg Wild Dog.

The only people hunting down Burns guitars seems to be members of bands covering the Shadows. Thus, it's hard to get an idea of how it sounds like since all clips on Youtube are drenched in apache-echo. However, some sort of apache/desert/surf-sound might be right what I'm looking for. For an early 60s handbuilt guitar I paid the equivalent of a used Fender Mexico strat around here, so I feel confident to recoup the money if it doesn't work out.

And this is what it looks like:
I love those, try the wild dog setting with fuzz.

teleguido

I suppose it's about time for me to join the club...

I started down the alt.country road about six years ago when I heard Wilco's "Being There" and Ryan Adam's "Heartbreaker" for the first time. Man, I was hooked! I pretty much devoured the entire catalogs of both bands over the course of the next month. Adams and Tweedy are probably my favorite songwriters of all time now. Can't ever seem to get enough!

Gear wise, I've gone through quite a few changes to suit my new musical direction as well. Gone is the half stack, and in it's place an AC30. My PRS CU22 is now my least-used guitar, while my MIM Tele and Peavey T-60 get the most action. Been trying to decided between a Gretsch 5120 or a P90 equipped SG as my next axe, but I won't have either one for quite a while.

Here's to TWANG! :)

What's on the stereo today: The Sadies - "New Seasons"

Jacobpaul81

I suppose it's about time for me to join the club...

I started down the alt.country road about six years ago when I heard Wilco's "Being There" and Ryan Adam's "Heartbreaker" for the first time. Man, I was hooked! I pretty much devoured the entire catalogs of both bands over the course of the next month. Adams and Tweedy are probably my favorite songwriters of all time now. Can't ever seem to get enough!

Gear wise, I've gone through quite a few changes to suit my new musical direction as well. Gone is the half stack, and in it's place an AC30. My PRS CU22 is now my least-used guitar, while my MIM Tele and Peavey T-60 get the most action. Been trying to decided between a Gretsch 5120 or a P90 equipped SG as my next axe, but I won't have either one for quite a while.

Here's to TWANG

What's on the stereo today: The Sadies - "New Seasons"
Nice. You are amongst friends. All great musical choices and a Tele->AC30 can take you a long way. Welcome to the club!

Here's my primary rig:

My 98 shows more and more wear everyday. It's catching up with the amps.

Pedalboard:

And my P-90 option:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics