Alt.Country Club-Lucky Number 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacobpaul81

I am a little surprised by the low output concerns when using a HBOD.

It's my favorite pedal... so dynamic & it produces fantastically raw rhythms.

I've used the following with pups:

Lollar Vintage T: 7.4k
Lollar P90: 9k (or thereabouts)
Fender Wide Range Seth Lover from 70's: 11- 12k range

I also use a Harmonic Design S90 & am guessing the output is around 8k or so (anyone know for sure?).

Bottom line is that the HBOD sounds wonderful with all of these when driving a few different 6V6 & EL84 amps.
All of those are Alnico 5 magnets. :D

Last edited:

Jacobpaul81

Jake, with regard to the Fenders in your guitar, as you might remember I had both those pickups and GVCG Lollar A3's in my '98 Tele alternately and I would not have said the Fenders were necessarily less bright overall. The Fenders had more of a flat-pole sound (obviously) and were a little more punchy while still being warm (as you well know).
Exactly why I like them. They retain some clarity and attack without getting bright.

I'm pretty sure the P-90s in my ES-330 are also Alnico 3s. I don't think gibson moved to Alnico 5s until 68 in most their p-90 models.

Jacobpaul81

For the vinyl geeks: I just got word.. August 17th - Re-pressing of Tomorrow the Green Grass & Hollywood Town Hall. 180 gram vinyl.

sanhozay

klon free since 2009
Gold Supporting Member
I don't miss vinyl but I miss the Jayhawks, in that configuration. The gram stuff sounds like drug trafficking! I suppose it is a fix for some...

amp boy

i let myself go on Sunday and picked up Harvest, Dream'n Man Live, and Hendrix's Axis, and Valley of Neptunes..........all 180g of wax.

something some may like......and Todd, aiming at you !!!
hahahah.....lush alt

Jacobpaul81

Super cool! I might have to pick up HTH.
I don't miss vinyl but I miss the Jayhawks, in that configuration. The gram stuff sounds like drug trafficking! I suppose it is a fix for some...
the majority of vinyl "back in the day" was pressed between 90 - 130 grams. Cheap. Today, 150-160 is the norm while 180-200 Gram is high quality. Superior durability and sound reproduction.

shark_bite

I just found a few new pressings of Gram Parsons' two studio records, 180g, for ~$10 each on ebay. Couldn't resist so I bought them. They had a pretty good selection and combined shipping too. Unfortunately, I feel like I should really do my record shopping at The Electric Fetus. That's the sort of place you do that sort of thing.

Jacobpaul81

I just found a few new pressings of Gram Parsons' two studio records, 180g, for ~$10 each on ebay. Couldn't resist so I bought them. They had a pretty good selection and combined shipping too. Unfortunately, I feel like I should really do my record shopping at The Electric Fetus. That's the sort of place you do that sort of thing.
I don't have a cool record store in Terre Haute. :eek: My best bet is amazon, Acoustic sounds or Music Direct. I miss the good old days of parking my butt at The Love Garden.

Prof.Fuzz

Just noticed that we've passed the 1000 post threshold again.... Start packing the boxes, we'll be evicted from this thread before you know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics