Alt Guitar Summit Podcasts

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Chrome Dinette, May 5, 2016.

1. Chrome Dinette

Chrome Dinette Member

looks interesting, going to try and listen to the E# later:

http://alternativeguitarsummit.com/podcast/

Listen to Our Monthly Podcast:
    • Episode 1 – Henry Threadgill Part One: Discusses his new suite of concertos including a guitar concerto
    • Episode 2 – Henry Threadgill Interview Part 2: Further discusses his composing method, Beethoven and James Brown, Varese and the primacy of intervals
    • Episode 3 – Nels Cline discusses past and present, formative experiences, composing practices, playing with Wilco, views on improvising, effects, and more.
    • Episode 4 – Miles Okazaki plays and talks about his approach to rhythm and groove, discusses his new guitar book, reflects on alliances with Steve Coleman, Dan Weiss, and others.
    • Episode 5 – Liberty Ellman talks about groove, playing with Henry Threadgill, his roots, and his amazing new record, coming out in August.
    • Episode 6 – Ben Monder talking about rock and jazz roots, early study, chordal fixation, work as a sideman, and composing. He plays a couple of amazing passages of Stella By Starlight and I’ll Remember April that you should not miss!
    • Episode 7 – Elliot Sharp on the roots of his experimentalism, the Lower East Side in the 80’s, tapping, composing for orchestra, solo guitar and quite a lot in between.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  2. Chrome Dinette

Chrome Dinette Member

marvin cobain and hudpucker like this.
  3. Dajbro

Dajbro Member

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to listening.

Chrome Dinette likes this.
  4. burningyen

burningyen Vendor

Last night's show at National Sawdust was incredible. I was there primarily to see @splatt , who was amazing and so vigorous with his whammy that he managed to pop one of the rear springs clean out! But I was lucky to also be treated to awesome sets by the Dither Guitar Duo, Patrick Higgins, Anthony Pirrog (with drummer Allison Miller and bassist Michael Formanek), Ben Monder (with drummer Nasheet Watts), and Elliott Sharp. If you're in the NYC area and appreciate experimental music, you've got to treat yourself to one of these performances. They have master classes and other shows this week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. hudpucker

hudpucker Supporting Member

I so wish I could attend.

6. splatt

splatt david torn / splattercell Gold Supporting Member

thanks, ben!
    elliot & i did a MasterClass together, last night, at The New School, which i really, really enjoyed.
    we also played a few expository duets.

unconnected from the Alternative Summit, i'm doing a MasterClass at The New School myself, this coming Friday night.

7. splatt

splatt david torn / splattercell Gold Supporting Member

i'll be in the Arnhold Hall Performance Space on Friday night;
    this is FREE to the PUBLIC:

info, here.

[​IMG]