• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Alter Ego X 4 at PGS for $149....what's the deal?

reddog112

Gold Supporting Member
For those that know, why didn't this delay hit the mark? I'm tempted because it has MIDI...I know it's a huge real estate hog bit at that price it's awful tempting...

reddog112

Gold Supporting Member
There are so few delay pedals with midi, I need to get measuring tape to see if it will fit on my board

Windup 43

Silver Supporting Member
The regular version is $99, these have been the current prices for awhile...great deal on both, I've preferred the AEv2 to both the Dunlop Echoplex and Belle.

Rick Towne

Praise & Western
Gold Supporting Member
This has been the PGS price for some time. If you've got the room and like the modulated delay models, it's a great deal.

Absent Ocean

I didn't bond with it at all, I found there was too much modulation for a lot of the modes I liked and that the repeats didn't blend well with the dry tone. Some seemed to sound like there was some reverb mixed into the delayed signal? I'm not sure but something about it was weird for me and I wound up only only using the user-generated slots. I much prefer the regular Flashback.

A lot of people like it though, if you like how the demos sound and are okay with having the modulation on the more intense side of things then go for it. That's a good price considering how much stuff is in there.

R.C.Moran

Gold Supporting Member
I love the AEx4, lots of great sounds for not a lot of money. Yes, most of the modes have a large dose of modulation, but you also get 4 toneprint slots that you can load up with clean delays or whatever you like (I tailored a 2290 algo for this purpose). On top of that you get the nice parallel .8th dual delay mode which I find useful. All in all not a bad deal!

Jhuttyhut

I'm thinking about finally jumping on one of these after coming up with some Christmas $$. I own the Flashback x4 and love it, but I really like the AE exclusive pre-sets. I'll probably just change between the two since I already have the same board space mapped out for the Flashback x4.

ryandfl

Awesome pedal. Trust me. I have great taste.

Seriously i use it along side a (Analogman calibrated) big box DMM all the time

That said I hope any price drop means another editon coming soon.

JasonB5232

I just got my yesterday. I'd been looking at the Flashback for awhile and when I saw the Alter Ego for $150 I pulled the trigger. Just started looking at the options with the TonePrint Editor and I can see myself falling into the rabbit hole of tweaking everything.

I actually came to the forum today to see if there are any discussions about using the TonePrint Editor.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom