::: Alter Ego X4 Users. Got Some Questions...

fechart

Hi folks,

I´m wanting to get the Alter Ego X4 pedal, but before I have some questions:

1. When you search by product in the Toneprint App, the AE is not in the list... Can you use the Flashbacks Toneprints? How is it?

2. This is a techy question for people using MIDI controllers with the AE. I have a TC G System, and I would like to know how these two units interact via MIDI. Can I save and recall patches from the AE in the G System?

Thanks in advance!

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
The proprietary algorithms in the AE are not available to edit in the editor. It'll show up as a Flashback in the editor and you'll be able to create more prosaic but still very functional delays with the FB presets.

young_grandma

According to this it looks like you can use MIDI to recall patches but not send tap tempo information to the Flashback series.
http://support.tcelectronic.com/entries/94214857-G-System-Integration-with-Flashback-X4-Triple-Delay

Since the AE seems to be based on the Flashbacks I'd assume it would work the same. TC has very helpful customer service so you could always ask them directly to be sure.

I've owned the AE x4 for awhile but just quickly found some sounds and left it on my rehearsal board. Got to mess with it in depth last night and I was really impressed. The DMM model is fantastic and I really love the weird oil can model. Very unique.

fechart

According to this it looks like you can use MIDI to recall patches but not send tap tempo information to the Flashback series.
http://support.tcelectronic.com/entries/94214857-G-System-Integration-with-Flashback-X4-Triple-Delay

Since the AE seems to be based on the Flashbacks I'd assume it would work the same. TC has very helpful customer service so you could always ask them directly to be sure.

I've owned the AE x4 for awhile but just quickly found some sounds and left it on my rehearsal board. Got to mess with it in depth last night and I was really impressed. The DMM model is fantastic and I really love the weird oil can model. Very unique.
Hey mate, thanks for your answer, I already sent a ticket, despite Laird from the TC Forum told me I can not do what I want, which is controlling the amp channels and the AE at the same time.

Trending Topics