Alternative to PRS CE-24

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by mims2, Aug 19, 2008.

1. mims2

mims2 Member

I like PRS Ce-24's and have played them a lot but am interested if there are any alternatives. I want something with a similar shape and bolt on neck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. wilerty

wilerty Member

PRS Johnny Hiland
    PRS Swamp Ash Special

3. Jimi D

Jimi D Member

You might want to take a look at the Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette - similar to a CE24 in many ways, and equally different, it offers PRS-level quality in a killer form factor with excellent tone and one of the best production necks in the business. If a PRS Wide/Thin is more your style neck-shape-wise, you might also look at an Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci model... Either way, you can't lose with an EBMM... :D

4. swimrunner

swimrunner Member

Ernie Balls are great.

Alternatively, look at this new model from Ibanez, the SV Prestige. Non-locking trem, but with locking tuners (like PRS).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. billygoat

billygoat Member

Wow! That new ibanez is lovely. I've always liked the S-Bodies, and lately they've put dumb looking inlays on them. I really like the plain dots, nice stuff and an interesting looking trem and trem stabilizer.