Alternatives to the PT Mini?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Michael_V, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Michael_V

Michael_V Supporting Member

I'm thinking of putting together a grab and go board so I don't have to lug my PT Pro with me to practices and friendly jam sessions. It will hold what I consider the bare essentials: a tuner, compressor, Timmy, a delay, and an ISO-5 to power them. Not sure I can fit all that on a mini but the Jr is clearly too big. Is there anything in between?

2. foureyes

foureyes Member

3. whackystrings

whackystrings Member

How about a piece of black-painted plywood with rubber feet that you can customize to your size of choice and just put it into a some kind of gym bag or accessories bag?
    Really, when a person needs a small pedalboard such as that, I don't know why the cheap, lazy, non-boutique route is not chosen more often. For something the size of a PT-3, yes, I can see the need for a sloped metal frame.
    IMVHO.

4. voorhiessa

voorhiessa Member

recommendations:

1. use the floor
    2. get a cheap multi effect, like the Boss Me70

5. Michael_V

Michael_V Supporting Member

I have extra pedals that I already like so no point downgrading to an all-in-one like the me70 (no offense, I used a GT-6 for years). Also I'm way too OCD to tolerate pedals on the floor...