Always on overdrive? Your picks...

AndreasG

Looking for a new overdrive to leave always on and work from the volume pots on my guitars. Playing classic rock, vintage Fender amps, Firebirds, 335, Teles, Strats, Les Paul....
At the moment I always come back to my old Fulldrive 2 but might try something new.
Looking at the Wampler Pantheon, Mad Professor Sweet Honey, Chelley Sir Arthur or Pony Boy, Snouse BlackBox, Fulldrive 3 or the new v2 at the moment.
What are your faves?

Atmospheric

Skreddy Hybrid Fuzz Driver. Magical. Prince Of Tone very very close second. Both set with fuzz/drive very low, almost imperceptible dirt.

Conlin Brice

Looking for a new overdrive to leave always on and work from the volume pots on my guitars. Playing classic rock, vintage Fender amps, Firebirds, 335, Teles, Strats, Les Paul....
At the moment I always come back to my old Fulldrive 2 but might try something new.
Looking at the Wampler Pantheon, Mad Professor Sweet Honey, Chelley Sir Arthur or Pony Boy, Snouse BlackBox, Fulldrive 3 or the new v2 at the moment.
What are your faves?
The Menatone Dirty Blond has been on my board for over a year now and it's not going to leave. For me there is no better pedal out there. I rent every used overdrive pedal the comes through our local Long and McQuade store and I've tried dozens. Truly nothing comes close to the Dirty Blonde if you want a beautiful Deluxe Reverb overdrive sound. I hope this helps.

AndreasG

Thanks for the inputs so far...very interesting.
Klon(es) also sound very interesting. Saw the Ford Blues Band in the late 90‘s and their guitar player Volker Strifler had just the perfect tone with a Les Paul, Super Reverb and a Klon.
Might have a look at the Ceriatone Centura as well..

WillLane

I love the Fulldrive 2. Boosts the midrange, warms the amp, sits it nicely in the mix. Don't be afraid for it to be your mainstay. Klons are also great for boosting the amp without such a large midrange hump, for cleaner sections or more open parts. Chellee Ponyboy or even a EHX Soul Food are great for that. Timmy gives you "more amp" but for cleaner-based amps I tend to want to stack a mid-hump OD with a Timmy, and not just the Timmy itself if you're working with higher gain levels. YMMV.

sickboy79

I'm not an "always on" pedal guy as I like to get my base dirty tones from the amp but, the Blackstone Appliances OD is just amazing for this. Highly recommended.

Trending Topics