Always on reverb options

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Thombalabomba, May 26, 2020.

1. KoolThing

KoolThing Member

I've been through pretty much all of them (save for a few, like the Spaceman spring reverb in a pedal thing), and I find the Neunaber stuff to be really excellent. If you get a Stereo V2 version (Slate, Wet, etc.) you can load any Neunaber Expanse algorithm. What I like to do is run the "Infinity Hold w/ Reverb" algo, which means that the Wet reverb is always on but when you engage the footswitch it holds the signal like an EHX freeze. This is a lot of bang for the buck, when you think about it. If you add the EXP footswitch you toggle between four algos w/ two presets each, so you can have multiple reverbs or add delay, chorus, trem, etc. if you like.

2. cam0122

cam0122 Member

How old are the good sounding Neuanaber Wet reverb pedals? Are they reliable enough to use during daily practice, and weekend club gigs?

Thanks

3. cam0122

cam0122 Member

Cool, thanks.

I'll check it out and become more familiar with the differences.

Thanks again.

4. ikan

ikan Member

I was thinking of going simple on reverb initially, but as time passed by, I realized that I need more than just an always-on unit. I started to approach reverb like an effect which can inspire me to explore uncharted territory, instead of just getting slightly wetter than dry signal. Source Audio Ventris does it for me, and it ends my GAS for reverb.

5. jimijimmyjeffy

jimijimmyjeffy Member

They're very different to me. Plate is the one generally for electric guitar with the most versatility IMHO. The others are more particular applications to me.

6. macrossgeorge

macrossgeorge Member

It is not cheap and it is not compact but a surfybear is real spring reverb that sounds amazing. Their new compact version is more reasonably sized and has a lot of features. After going through many digital reverbs and always missing something I realized it was the interaction with real springs that I missed. I got a surfybear and it was well worth the heavy price tag.