AM Bi-Chorus or.....

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Sandro, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Sandro

Sandro Member

Hi, I am in the market for a new chorus what do you think of the AM Bi-Chorus with the depth switch, what I want is a chorus with lots of different colors from the CE-2 to something insane, any suggestion?

Thank You
    Sandro

2. Sandro

Sandro Member

Maybe is too early?

3. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

nope, not too early- I've been up since 8 a.m. :)

That being said... The stereo bi-chorus (I actually can't remeber if mine had a switch or not, but I think it did) was my main delay for a long time, and I just had to get rid of it to pay something else off. It's easily my favourite chorus that I've ever, personally used, and can get many of the classic sounds, and tons more. It's a very rich and lush sounding chorus. When I would play it with the depth up and speed down, it was almost as if the notes where covered in cream or something. Hard to explain. Very nice, versatile chorus. I'm sure tons of people are gonna' chime in and recommend you check out the retro-sonic chorus also. I'd also recommend you check out the Diamond Halo Chorus (my 2nd favourite chorus pedal- different vibe going on, though). Have fun. CHeers.

Marko M.

4. Sandro

Sandro Member

Let's try again.

5. svanangen

svanangen Member

Chorus-wise I've previously owned CE-2, CE-3, Carl Martin XII, TC chorus, Voodoo Lab Analog chorus plus I've used several rackunits for chorus such as Rocktron Replifex, TC M-one, Roland RSP-550 and a couple more.

I now have an AM Bi-Chorus with depth-switch. None of the above mentioned comes close! Get it and be done with your chorus-hunt!

6. Sandro

Sandro Member

I am going to bump it and see what uppen.

Any one?

Sandro

7. popsongsmith

popsongsmith Senior Member

I've been doing quite a bit of research on this, and if you are looking for versatility and great tone, I'm convinced that the Diamond Halo is the bomb. I've never owned one, but from the clips on their site, and from feedback on this board, it really seems unsurpassed in terms of tone+flexibility.

The Choralflange, which I have owned, is also versatile, but I--and I'm not alone in this--felt the Choralflange lacked something I can't quite put my finger on. I guess it was just a bit uninspiring.

The Analogman seems to be a favorite in the tone dept, but doesn't have the versatility of the Halo. Never owned one, but it seems to be a slightly more versatile, boutique version of the EH Small Clone.

I have a BBE Mind Bender in the mail, which is also a Vibe pedal, so I'll report on it after I give it a workout.

8. Tweeker

Tweeker Supporting Member

AM Bi-Chorus w/depth is great. Many colors can be also be had from the DLS Ultra ChorusII (also a dual unit).