Am I being unfair?

stashman

Silver Supporting Member
I paid for a guitar listed in the emporium last Monday (21st), and the seller does not let me know if he has received the funds or shipped, so the next day I write to ask - he says was in an accident, no car, can't ship yet, will try tomorrow. No email next day, so I wait another day and write again - sorry, couldn't ship - then Christmas, ok, so now it's the weekend and I write to ask if it will ship Monday (today) and he writes will definitely ship "this week". So I just wrote and said that if he couldn't ship by Wednesday to refund the $ back via paypal. It's just past a week since I paypalled the $, am I being unfair, or reasonable?

russ

Silver Supporting Member
it's not the way I like to do a deal...that's for sure.

teletalkin

Gold Supporting Member
You are being very patient. I certainly hope all works out in the end......good luck!

Mcclassic

Compromises are compromises, car o no car you being way too patient, if he had wrote first it would be another story but you have had to chase him, my suggestion is to just get your money back and once this person is able to do the business again, he can send it first this time and you send the money since you already demostrated that you already can pay....

jimmyohio75

Compromises are compromises, car o no car you being way too patient, if he had wrote first it would be another story but you have had to chase him, my suggestion is to just get your money back and once this person is able to do the business again, he can send it first this time and you send the money since you already demostrated that you already can pay....
Agreed. If this guy is interested in selling a guitar he would want to finish the deal ASAP. Something smells fishy!! Give him until end of the day tomorrow to give you a tracking number proving that he shipped the guitar. If he can't do it then tell him that you want your money refunded.

newswede

I kinda don't like the rule, but this thread is breaking the rules of TGP & could get pulled.
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/announcement.php?f=20&a=70

I agree that's not right, and you should do as stated by jimmyohio75 and give him the day to confirm shipping. PayPal should be able to help if you file a complaint, but I don't have any experience with that. Good luck!
Are there any stated selling rules in the emporium? hmm

Flyin' Brian

Silver Supporting Member
I don't believe any rules are being broken since no names have been revealed.

You have much more patience than I would have. It's time for the seller to follow up or send the money back.

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
I don't believe any rules are being broken since no names have been revealed.
This is correct.

Anyway, you don't need a car to ship. UPS or FedEx or even the PO will allow you to schedule a pickup and pay for freight online. So the seller is basically just pulling your leg.

hank

I kinda don't like the rule, but this thread is breaking the rules of TGP & could get pulled.
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/announcement.php?f=20&a=70

I agree that's not right, and you should do as stated by jimmyohio75 and give him the day to confirm shipping. PayPal should be able to help if you file a complaint, but I don't have any experience with that. Good luck!
Are there any stated selling rules in the emporium? hmm
It's not a deal gone bad ........ yet. Personally, I'd cancel the purchase and get PayPal involved. :aok

Joe Perry

Platinum Supporting Member
Yeah, so far this is an etiquette discussion vs deal discussion.
That's what I was thinking. I hate no communication, especially if the seller is having problems. I feel bad if I wait two days to ship something.

That's what I was thinking. I hate no communication, especially if the seller is having problems. I feel bad if I wait two days to ship something.
I agree; fast shipping and communications really means a lot. The reality is we should have things packed and ready to ship before placing an ad. I have done over 300 transactions on Ebay as a seller, and can count on one hand the # of times I have unpacked an item because it did not sell. That being said many people (often musicians dare I say) are not great business people, and don't have their sh*t together, so it does not occur to them that waiting a week to ship is not right. I would not count your losses yet.

blues junkie

You should be a little pissed right now. The seller has had plenty of time to send your purchase.... or at least keep in contact with you to ease your mind. As soon as I receive payment on ANYTHING I sell, my main goal in life is to get that item shipped ASAP & then send the buyer a tracking # then I follow it's progress untill it's delivered. After I see it's been delivered I contact the buyer to make sure the item arrived safely & he is happy with the purchase...but thats just me. So no your not being unreasonable at all.

Good Luck.

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
As someone already pointed out... Fed-Ex and UPS will come to your house and pick up the stuff. You're being TOO patient IMHO, I'd tell him to refund the money and go find another guitar from someone that isn't going to yank your chain.

DonW

Velocity Town Angel
Double Platinum Member
Get your money back. Way too many excuses & lack of reply indicates a crooked seller. Maybe he's not but his actions appear otherwise. I have friends that would gladly help me ship a package if I was in a fix if the shipper wouldn't come by to get it. Smells shady and underhanded or he's just plain incompetent and has no busniess selling anything if he can't communicate and ship promptly.

If it shakes out to where he's incapacitated by the "accident" that's another story but nothing that's been mentioned would keep me from shipping immediatelty upon receipt of payment.:dunno

Trending Topics