• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Am I crazy?

Boytbpc

I'm thinking about selling a guitar I like to fund the purchase of the exact same guitar, just a year that is slightly better? :bonk

C-4

I have done this several times. However, prior to selling the one I have, I seriously check out the specific new one I want, and if I cannot play it myself, I try to find it at dealers with whom I have dealt with in the past and who's judgement I trust.

Is it a crap shoot? Yes.

Boytbpc

how do you know it's better ?
Very good question. I have played it the specific one I am looking at acquiring, and the reports or better wood and finer attention to detail are true. To be honest though, it is minor changes.

MisterTV

Silver Supporting Member
If it's a budget neutral situation between your selling and buying prices, then sure, why not.

However, if you end up losing money to get essentially the same guitar with some minor improvements, I'd say no.

orourke

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, why not? If it makes you happy and you're not hurting anyone one, go ahead.

XKnight

I have played it the specific one I am looking at acquiring, and the reports or better wood and finer attention to detail are true. To be honest though, it is minor changes.
You played the guitar and you like it better. Nothing crazy about that.

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
I have done this several times. However, prior to selling the one I have, I seriously check out the specific new one I want, and if I cannot play it myself, I try to find it at dealers with whom I have dealt with in the past and who's judgement I trust.
I have done exactly the same.

Several times as well.

And then some. :messedup

frisco kid

Silver Supporting Member
Why not tell us what the guitars are? Somoene may have direct experiences with both and shed some light...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom