Am I crazy?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Blue4Now, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Blue4Now

Blue4Now Gold Supporting Member

So you may have red my previous posts about a 96 SRV that I bought and am in love with. Fist srat that I really really dig. Only thing is I hate gold hardware so I have been slowly changing everything over to chrome/nickle. All genuine Fender stuff. The only thing I did not have was a bridge plate which I just ordered for a whopping 12 bucks for a genuien Fender lefter vintage chrome bridge. Already had a set of Fender vinage nickle saddles. Am I nuts to do this. I guess it may effect the value but maybe not. I have all the original gold hardware. Thoughts?

I just think the chrome looks killer with this sunburst and awsomely tinted neck (from real age and use)

2. TGF

TGF Member

Thoughts? You shouldn't give a damn about resale value when its a strat you really really like. However, I do not get the aversion against gold hardware. It puts a little spin on the regular strat appearance and it looks pretty damn sweet! I don't get it, but that's taste!

3. crifasta

crifasta Gold Supporting Member

I'd do the same thing, especially if I had most of the parts already. You can always switch back. IMHO Fenders with gold hardware just don't look right. Maybe I'm crazy too. :NUTS

4. Blue4Now

Yeh I know some people like the gold, it's just that I see the Strat as a utility type guitar that just looks wrong with fancy gold hardware. This SRV is really aging nicely with sone genuine relicing. As I change over to chrome it looks better and better. (too me of course)

5. atquinn

atquinn Supporting Member

I hate gold hardware on anything. Ugh.

-Austin

6. auraelux

auraelux Member

I'm sure it looks sick, especially if you're using all genuine Fender parts. I'd really like to see it, the deep burst on the SRV probably looks really cool with nickle hardware.

7. Blue4Now

Yep indeed it is looking AWSOME. Will get pics up as soon as I get my bridge plate from guitar parts resources.

8. RockStarNick

RockStarNick Supporting Member

:agree

9. TGF

TGF Member

Chrome looks fancy when its new. Anything looks fancy new. Hit that thing up with some acid or whatever you use for relic work.

10. ReddRanger

ReddRanger Member

I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Hey, it's your guitar..do what makes you happy. :)

I would suggest keeping all the original hardware tucked away someplace. I wouldn't get rid of it.

11. All Hallows

All Hallows Member

No man you are not crazy- you like what you like and that's that.

I personally like gold hardware on certain guitars. Not much of a Fender fan but on a LEs Paul it looks sweet to me.

As long as you don't do anything permanent to the guitar your resale value will be just fine. Pluse you love the thing anyway.