1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Am I going to like the Crunch Box?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Fatso Forgottso, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Fatso Forgottso

Fatso Forgottso Member

I'm using what (I think) is a Fender clone amp.
    I'm looking for kinda Russian Circles-ish tone.
    I'm currently using an MXR Distortion III.
    So tell me, will I like the Crunch Box, and was $108 a good price?

2. Waxhead

Waxhead Member

Surfin at Merewether Point, NSW Australia
    Around $100 is normal price.
    If you like the distortion flavour of a Marshall JCM800, JCM900 and Plexi you will luv the Crunchbox. It's THE best Marshall in a box pedal ever made IMHO. If you're not into this flavour of distortion don't get a CB.

3. guildchild

guildchild Member

for $100 it's worth owning. it's rarely on my board, but there are times when i need "that" sound. i can get close with stacking other drives, but the cb does it a bit more directly.

4. green72

green72 Member

I use a Carr Rambler, which is real Fendery.

I've had the CB for a few months, and I'm just not feeling it. I'm probably going to get rid of it. It's just not me.

There is a lot of love for that pedal though. I think you make like it better than your MXR.

5. onemind

onemind Member

for that type of 'gainy' sound I think a rat will suffice.