Am I the only one feeling....

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by slippyknees, Feb 6, 2012.

1. slippyknees

slippyknees Supporting Member

...like there's been an influx of, um, 'out of touch newbies' in the emporium lately? prices seem rather high for folks with only 2 or 3 posts.

maybe it's just me. :bonk

2. Cody

Cody Well, look who’s undead! Silver Supporting Member

Where else are you going to find one of those?

;)

3. clicktone

clicktone Supporting Member

I agree...but i think they'll catch on like we did (when their gear sits unsold for a month or someone tells them nicely) :p

4. SteveO

SteveO Member

Brian and Scott have been meaning to do something about rolling back the prices, but they haven't worked up the courage to inform Big Mike that he has to put on the blue vest with the smiley face on it, and greet people as they are entering. :)

5. rhinocaster

rhinocaster Supporting Member

That's always happened here. People hear from others sources that TGP members are gear freaks with more money than brains. They figure they'll make a few bucks off of the members here.

By the time the truth hits them, they've already bought their membership and have contributed to the site. A basic win for TGP. :D

6. DGTCrazy

DGTCrazy Moderator de Emporio Staff Member

Remember....you can't tell a newbie just by Post Count....as you don't get any post credit for Emporium Sales. There's guy's around here with just a few posts, but hundreds of Emporium Deals to their credit.

7. slippyknees

slippyknees Supporting Member

true, i was thinking that when i made this thread.

just makes me chuckle to see folks asking a "fair amount" shall we say for a timeline - those for sale posts are almost modern classics at this point (for me at least).

:sarcasm

"i'll trade you my timeline for a tele, strat, your dog, one month's rent at your place, etc...." dude, it's a delay (and a good one), but are you really trying to ask almost $300 more than the new price - still?

8. Lespaulsignature 74

Lespaulsignature 74 Silver Supporting Member

I also love when they post a price drop from say $1500 to $1499! I see this more than you would think!