• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Am I the only one who has no desire to play acoustic?

Spoonful

I play both, after a fashion. I find myself going for different phases. I usually try to play acoustic at least 20 minutes a day when I'm focused on my electrics. I really like playing and singing my acoustics. Of course the only thing worse than my guitar playing is my singing. Go figure.

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
Nope. I hate playing acoustic .... why play acoustic when you can plug in a Tele, Strat or LP through a Budda tube amp with cool Overdrive pedals and Reverb :):):):)

Bluedano1

Wow, this is a moment of awakening for me,
I can understand people never playing or wanting to play the acoustic guitar, but I just ASSumed ( wrongly, it seems!) that everyone ( guitarists) LIKED the sound of an acoustic!

Actually I never even thought about it one way or the other, 'till now...

struffy

Learned how to play on a classical guitar, but over the last 25 years I might have 10 hours playing time on it. Don't give a rip about acoustic myself, sounds alright and has a place. Just not in my hands is all. Electric all the time for me.

rwmct

I love my Tele, but if I had to choose, the acoustic would easily win. Can't do without it.

TNJ

Gold Supporting Member
Every once in awhile, I pull out my Taylor or my old Alvarez Yairi Dreadnought and strum/pick.
I went through an acoustic phase back in the late 90s.
It's a great instrument, and I am thinking on bringing one to the odd gig with the band as a different voice (we have 2 guitarists in our band).

S.
j

I own one that may be the single dustiest item in the music room for lack of playing, but now that I think about it, it's a seasonal thing; the weather gets cooler and when we have guests over, we'll sit around the fire pit in the back yard I'll play and sing and stuff. And then it'll get hot again and I won't miss it for another four months.

I'm not even a fan of other people playing the acoustic, that is, people who do it well. That is also a change from a few years ago, when I could at least enjoy other players, even if I didn't much dig playing it myself.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom