• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

am I the only TGPer without a board?

FuzzFaceJ

I have a lot of pedals (not as much as some of you I'm sure), but most of them are fuzz units. So typically I'll pick one or two fuzz pedals, my wah and delay. Show up and set them up on the floor.

This isn't anti-pedal board, or bashing pedal board people. Everyone has different needs.

Anyway, I can't be the only one...or am I?

either way, keep doing what works for you, and most importantly.... MAKE MUSIC!! :phones

Jonny D

While I have a board (two actually), I very often go to gigs with three pedals.

Barber Tone Pump EQ
Boss OD-3
BBE Sonic Stomp (sits on top of the amp and is always on)

If I am using my Bassman, I also use my Fender Reverb Pedal and it also sits on the amp.

If I am playing rhythm, I use an amp with Tremolo (Vibrato).

joemiracle220

no pedals, no amp either ........for a little over a year now.....had some money problems so iv just been rockin the pod at home with my guitar........an amp will come soon hopefully

Shiny_Beast

Gold Supporting Member
Naw, I don't bother with a board either. I've got about 5 fuzz faces, a handful of other octaver fuzz type stuff, couple vibes and some misc stuff. I usually throw 2-4 pedals in my gig bag and throw them on the floor. Recently I've gotten quite used to rolling with the same 4 pedals, so much so that I actually thought about getting one of those mini boards. Problem is I can't throw that in my gig bag, so it's something else to carry, and I wouldn't be able to wrap the pedals around my mic stand on smaller stages so the idea never garnished much interest.

If I'm ever tempted to bring a few more toys to a gig then the idea might start looking a little better.

wyldesigns

I've got these and the amp rack is stuffed with other pedals I don't really use...

When I play out (atleast twice a week) i'll grab 2 OD's, DE-7, DD-3 and CS-2.
Occasionally a wah and TR-2, if I feel like making two trips :)

alexiskinson

Well I have to admit all I need to gig or rehearsal is a 2 channel drive pedal, e.g. Fulltone GT-500.....

But a pedalboard makes your life easy when you want to use more than 1 unit....

perhaps you should refer to "Show me your minimalistic pedalboard" thread

bloomz

I do all my playing at my desk. I have my Pod XT Live on the floor but needed somewhere to put the other stuff.

So I went to Home Depot and bought a finished shelf material, some drawer type slides. and installed it just below the keyboard pullout. Just high enough to clear my second amp that sits below my desk and low enough for the pedals to clear the keyboard "drawer"

Works like a charm - and it's deep enough I could run two rows if I accumulate that many. Since that picture I just added a Big Bloom to the chain tonight.

Whole thing cost me less than $10 (plus cupla bux for the pedals)

snouter

There is no way to efficiently and safely transport, setup and play pedals without a pedalboard. If you don't mind pedals dinged up I guess it not that big of a deal besides the time wasted with arranging them and plugging them in and having them slide around a wooden stage.

FuzzFaceJ

my wah anchors down my pedals pretty nicely, none of my pedals are dinged up either. I have them in their boxes, put them in a bag and I'm good to go. Like I said, I only take between three and four pedals with me at a time, so setup time isn't an issue. for power, batteries work great with wah and fuzz, for the Catalinbread Echorec I use a one spot.

I think my lack of pedal boarding stems from years ago, when I used to only play metal. Then I would just use a wah.

but like I said, there is no right or wrong way

Kev O)))

Never used one either and I usually run the same kind of setup you do; couple of dirt boxes, some modulation, & a delay.

Badfrog

I don't have one but will within a month or two. I have a Voodoo ISO 5 on the way and already have about 6 pedals lined up. Just need to figure out what order I want them in and then construct my own board. I've grown tired of having pedals and all kinds of wires laying around.

monwobobbo

no board here. just use 4 pedals (wah, overdrive, delay, phaser) so never really felt the need. I have a separate set of pedals for a Hendrix type sound that is just 3 pedals. I use one or the other depending on what I'm playing.

alberob

I never use a board as never use the same array every time. I like to mix it up so I can rediscover sounds I forgot about and I have a lot of pedals.

rotlung

I toured for about 7 years at the most active point in my musical life, only using a tuner and delay places on the floor in front of a 100w tube amp. I never really thought about gear back then. I knew I had decent gear but one amp, one cab, one main guitar and a backup, and those two pedals took care of everything no needed. I never wanted anything or even heard of GAS. Ah, those were the days...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom