Am I wrong for consildating to smaller pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jrkoosh, Jan 21, 2008.

1. jrkoosh

jrkoosh Silver Supporting Member

I have a small gig board, and I want to keep it that way. Recently, I have been moving to make it more manageable with smaller pedals. Here is the most recent incarnation, except some January GAS to an RMC3:

But I would like to use some smaller pedals, like the Timmy instead of the LTD, and the Leeley com instead of Orange Squeeze. Are there any small fuzzes that sound like the MJM? Any smaller delays with presets?

Am I crazy, or I should just get a bigger board? I hate lugging more than this to a gig.

[​IMG]

2. Soundhound

Soundhound Member

I'm sick of big boards. I have a pedaltrain jr and a RockOn board (about the same size) and I don't take any more than will fit on one of those.

3. john b

john b Supporting Member

I'd bag the Line 6 and go with something smaller and better. I had one for a long time and liked it until I heard what a good delay sounds like.

4. Andy J.

Andy J. Member

I've got the Nova delay and am really happy with it, never really could bond with the DL4's I tried... 9 presets on the Nova.

5. PremiumPlus

PremiumPlus Member

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog...

6. fr8_trane

fr8_trane Member

I'm always looking for small pedals that get the job done. The perfect example is the little big muff which is basically identical to its monstrous brother.

7. hbentley

hbentley Member

if i can get a small pedal that does it for me like a bigger pedal, than i'll do the smaller pedal all day long. BUT, i won't sacrifice for a smaller pedal if i love a big pedal (ie my Klon and POG)

8. bluesrules

bluesrules Member

Come on. This is America, Bigger is Always Better!

9. john b

john b Supporting Member

It's not the size, it's how you use it. :dude

10. guitbeef

guitbeef Member

I recently have had the same feelings, and it's one reason I picked up a Blue Boy Deluxe. And I've really found a whole new thing with my big-box Rat but I just don't want to have that mountain of a pedal on my board.

11. g-nem

g-nem Member

DD20, timefactor and Nova Delay are all smaller (and better) than the DL4. The timefactor in particular is amazingly small.

12. bluesmann

bluesmann Guest

simple! Boss pedals

13. majorledhead

majorledhead Member

I'm in the middle of a board rebuild with all small pedals myself. BJFE seem to be the way to go for me to get quality and tone in a small package. I'm making a longer thin board out of tube steel that will look like a big Tee and be roughly 5"x32" so all the pedals will be in one row so your not stepping over any thing. I'm trying to work out were to stick the power supply and would prefer to have it behind my amp and feed the board with a pedalsnake. The final tone recipe should go like this: Tuner > Clyde Deluxe wah > Mayo > Dyna Red > HoneyBee > Mini Clone Chorus > Deep Blue Delay > SeaBlue EQ. Hoping this is the final , GAS curing board for awhile.