AM Sun Face NKT 275 vs BC 108

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Sandro, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Sandro

Sandro Member

Hi, I love my Sun Face NKT 275 and I was thinking to purchase a BC 108 but I am not sure, dose anyone have both of them and give me an idea if they are different enough to keep them both on the pedalbord?

Thank You

Sandro

2. Teahead

Teahead Member

I've tried both. They certainly sound different, NKT is warmer, smoother and thicker in the low end, cleans up better too. BC108 has more treble and a sizzle thing going on, a little less bass and the clean up isn't as quick, it's more brittle sounding when guitar volume is rolled off.

I don't think many in the audience would spot the difference, but you as the player most certainly would.

3. Starsailor

Starsailor Member

I found them to be vastly different sounding. NKT 275 sounds warmer and more pleasant but far less gain than the BC 108.

4. shredtrash

shredtrash Supporting Member

I've never owned an NKT 275 but I like how they sound. I had a BC 108 and didn't get along with it at all. I thought it was too fizzy and it didn't do as well as I would have liked with the volume knob. I ended up getting a Keeley Fuzz Head and was much happier. I'd like an NKT 275 at some point though.

5. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

just the difference between silicon and germanium transisters, the BC should be tighter with more gain, and the NKT would be warm with a more organic feel to it. I really liked the fuzz side of my Sunlion while i had it, but it was almost too close to an overdrive to me.