AMAZING 1970 Telecaster

Radspin

A ridiculous price for a mutilated almost totally non-original guitar with an illegible neck date. Who would buy such a thing?

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
The crazy part is that they'll still likely sell it soon enough, maybe discounted a bit, but it'll still go for what most here would consider a high price.

I personally wouldn't even pay $500 for that mutt, although the 'back-bowed neck necessitating heavy strings to play properly' part certainly has some appeal. o_O

Last edited:

monty

That price has to be a mistake, if not either they are nuts or somebody is nuts to buy it.

nowhere

Reminds me of that Les Paul in the Strat in the attic book.
The Les Paul in that book was understandable (in my opinion) - the guy had his guitar stolen. He needed a left handed guitar quick so he could keep his job but a left handed electric was impossible to find in Hawaii back then. He took a guitar that was only a couple of years old and was, at the time, not highly regarded and had been a bit of a flop when it came to sales. He then hacked it up and kludged it into a lefty out of desperate necessity. This Tele though... Odds are it was just hacked because someone thought it would look cool that way. And the location of the forward strap pin! The neck is gonna dive like a Douglas SBD Dauntless at the Battle of Midway! Something looks a little off with the truss rod too as it seems to stick out of the neck heel a bit. Looks like half the string ferrules are missing when you look at the shots of the back as well.

Trending Topics