Amazing craigslist deal or scam?

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
Well, I believe Wide Range buckers came in those, and in my mind pickups are the soul of a guitar, so with no original buckers (which are a BEAR to source), plus the fact that there might be a spooky routing job under that pickguard to fit the EMGs, plus that you'll need to source another pickguard if you want another type of pickup, plus if that's the original pickguard that means it got cut up, plus the pots and caps may have been changed to adapt better to the EMGs than the original wide rangers...well, 600 bucks isn't a bad deal if this is what you're looking for and you're not worried about bringing it back to original spec.

Edit - that's definitely an aftermarket pickguard, the original would have extra bucker mounting holes, like so:

Fender_Telecaster_357617_01.jpg

Instead of like so:

DSCF9646.JPG

PianoMan

Silver Supporting Member
Keep in mind that he says he will include all original electronics, including pickups.

TwoTubMan

He claims to have the original electronics, but yea, would be nice to have a picture with the guard off. Who knows how it's been butchered?

PianoMan

Silver Supporting Member
All things I can/would verify before purchasing. He's local, so I would be able to check it out in person before committing. I'm more concerned right now with making sure that it is what he says it is. If it appears that it is authentic, then I'll try to schedule a meeting.

LarryN

Go right away and look at what he has. If he has the original pickups, that's the deal of the century.

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, just the wide range buckers alone would get you most of your money back, the rest is gravy.

Tonesmiths

There are still deals to be found on Craigslist. I'm staring at an all-original, down to the tubes and two prong AC cord, FEI '64 Deluxe Reverb that my friend bought yesterday on our local CL for $1,100. It's filthy, but is near mint, sounds stellar, and even has the original footswitch. Crazy thing is it was listed for 2 weeks at $1,200 before it sold!

jimlp

Silver Supporting Member
He claims to have the original electronics, but yea, would be nice to have a picture with the guard off. Who knows how it's been butchered?

Why would he cut/route it at all? The Wide Range Humbuckers are larger than the EGG's that are in there so there should be no need to chop wood.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom