• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.
  • On Thursday, January 20, 2022, starting at 7 pm EST, We will take the forum offline to do the necessary upgrades. Estimates are a possible 3-hour total downtime to complete the process. So mark your calendar to play your guitar.

Amazing Grace : My version with guitar tabs

balde

wow!!!!! that was 1 beautiful 2 greatly executed and 3 loved the arrangment!
Kudos!!!!
didn´t know the luthier, thanks for sharing

derekd

Gold Supporting Member
What a wonderful arrangement.

Very well done.

Please post more often.

TL;DR

It’s people like you who made me decide to drop out of music school! Great playing.
:beer

AnouckAndre

Oh thanks everyone for the kind words. I am mostly an electric guitar player but I really try to develop the acoustic side of the guitar!
Thank you for the support !

Dasein

This was really cool - I liked it and I wanted more too. What I'd love to hear you do with this is a sort of variations on a theme --- Where you take the song and maybe do 4 or 5 very specific approaches with very distinct flavours and moods unique to each approach. Some of your cadences caught me off guard here and I really liked the sort of unresolved sombreness of the treatment. I'm thinking maybe a Traditional Gospel version, a Delta Blues or Bluegrass version, a New Orleans style version, then maybe a more Classical version and then something more abstract on the Jazz side ---- I think you have the compositional chops for this for sure and I think it would be a great exercise in really deep diving on cadences and resolutions unique to each style..... Loved what you did - that's why I want more.

AnouckAndre

This was really cool - I liked it and I wanted more too. What I'd love to hear you do with this is a sort of variations on a theme --- Where you take the song and maybe do 4 or 5 very specific approaches with very distinct flavours and moods unique to each approach. Some of your cadences caught me off guard here and I really liked the sort of unresolved sombreness of the treatment. I'm thinking maybe a Traditional Gospel version, a Delta Blues or Bluegrass version, a New Orleans style version, then maybe a more Classical version and then something more abstract on the Jazz side ---- I think you have the compositional chops for this for sure and I think it would be a great exercise in really deep diving on cadences and resolutions unique to each style..... Loved what you did - that's why I want more.
Thanks Dasein, I get what you mean and it's a good idea to develop the theme through different approaches. I need to think about it! I am not a Bluegrass player nor a New Orleans style one, so it would require that I educate myself a little but for sure it would be very interesting to do !
My guitar background is not very "acoustic" either but I am rally trying to develop this side of my playing.
Thanks again for tour very interesting feedback !

saltydogg

Rock & Roll Enthusiast
Platinum Supporting Member
Beautiful piece, thanks for sharing and like the poster above I would have liked to hear more.

To be honest though, as beautiful as it was, without being told that was Amazing Grace, I don't think I would have recognized it as such (except the 10-sec intro). Great stuff, nonetheless!

AnouckAndre

Beautiful piece, thanks for sharing and like the poster above I would have liked to hear more.

To be honest though, as beautiful as it was, without being told that was Amazing Grace, I don't think I would have recognized it as such (except the 10-sec intro). Great stuff, nonetheless!
I get what you mean... My boyfriend told me exactly the same thing !;)
Yes I am sometimes away from the theme...o_O
I need to force myself to quote the theme a little bit more !
Thanks for your feedback !

saltydogg

Rock & Roll Enthusiast
Platinum Supporting Member
I get what you mean... My boyfriend told me exactly the same thing !;)
Yes I am sometimes away from the theme...o_O
I need to force myself to quote the theme a little bit more !
Thanks for your feedback !
I knew you would understand what I meant; essentially don’t let your (fantastic) technical-ability derive too far from the theme. I’m a also a traditionalist when it comes to Amazing Grace, so it’s only my friendly-opinion on this specific song. :)

Thanks again for sharing your music. I’d like to hear a longer version if you ever post one in the future. Please tag me if you do. :)

derekd

Gold Supporting Member
I was trolling Youtube for solo versions of Beautiful Love and came across your take.

That was absolutely gorgeous. I probably need to lift that arrangement. It is quite a bit different than the one I've been working on.

asintoras

Good stuff! I like your arrangements, and have checked Nuages & Autumn Leaves as well. Keep up with the good work!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom