• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

amazing new guthrie govan clip

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
What an interesting guitarist to listen to

michael.e

Silver Supporting Member
Dadgumnit!!!! Now I amn goiing to have to go buy some more gear to make myself feel better......

Jeebus!!! :puh

How did he do that harmonic thingy at the end??:mad: :eek:

johnston

What an interesting guitarist to listen to
yeah, that's certainly what it comes down to for me as well. he holds your interest and has an unpredictable factor in his playing. he doesn't throw a lot of notes at you just for the sake of it. every note counts. as amazing as his chops are, it's the phrasing ideas and feel that i find more impressive. the guy is a monster.

Ritualee

Gold Supporting Member
Guthrie is awesome.

That harmonic thingy is an EVH trick. I think it's in the beginning of Somebody Get Me A Doctor. Pull off something like 5-3-0 on the bass string (or whichever) repeatedly and then drag your right hand palm or finger along the string to get the harmonics.

All of that begs another question which is where on earth did Eddie come up with that?

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
Dadgumnit!!!! Now I amn goiing to have to go buy some more gear to make myself feel better......

Jeebus!!! :puh

I know!! He hammered on and ???????

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
Like a transcription is going to help. Bwahahahahahaha

I know when I'm beat before I pickup the guitar!

rich2k4

there are some things he does in that video that sound so cool. primarily the parts where it looks like he's playing pentatonic. but it doesn't sound like it.

any ideas of what it is he might be doing there.

Randaddy

He blows my mind. Just unbelievable.
It's beautiful, impressive, creative, tasteful, etc. all at the same time.

Trending Topics