Amazing NGD x2

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Mesa, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Mesa

Mesa Member

Yesterday morning, to my surprise, my parents showed up at my house. I assumed this was just for a visit, I was wrong. Shortly after they got there my mom handed me a card that she had made. It was somewhat of a guessing game when reading the card but it turns out it was an early birthday celebration. They told me that we were going shopping for a new Taylor 314ce. I was shocked! I had no idea this was coming. My mom had looked on Taylor’s website to find dealers and the called around to find out who had 314ce’s in stock. So my parents, my wife and my son loaded up and went.

Our first stop was Long and Mcquade. Knowing that my little guy wasn’t in for a full day of running around L&M was the closest place that might have the guitar. When we got there it turns out that they rented the guitar out to someone. Oh well. At this point it was nap time for the little guy so he and my wife came home while my parents and I headed to stop number 2.

Stop number 2 was Cosmo Music. On the way there we discussed the different models like the 214, 314 and 414. When we got to Cosmo they had all 3 models. As soon as my parents saw the 414ce they left the room. A few minutes later they came back and said that if the 414ce was “the one” that offer was on the table. They both saw the 414 and right away saw the difference from the 314. While I was playing both the 3 and the 4 my mom snuck outside to call stop number 3 to see if they had any 414’s. Sure enough they had 2 as well as the 314 that was already set aside. So off we went to stop 3.

We pulled up to a store that neither my dad nor I had ever heard of. The Arts Music Store. I don’t know how we didn’t know about this place, but now we do. What a great shop. As soon as we walked in, the first guitar I noticed was a beautiful PRS Hollowbody II, more on that later. When we got there I met Aaron who had been talking to my mom on the phone. As it turns out The Arts was having a Taylor clinic yesterday and the Taylor rep, Michael, was there. I also found out that I had a one on one appointment with Michael to discuss Taylor guitars. Amazing. There was a small room off to the side where the 314 and the 2 414’s were sitting waiting for me. As I am there enjoying the guitars Michael walks in and introduces himself. We then talk about all things Taylor. He tells me about the different woods, the new expression system, the differences between models and body shapes and so on. After a little while I decide on the new 414ce with the gloss back and sides and the new expression system. When we walked out of the little room Michael said he had some things for me. He pulls out a box and hands me a Taylor t-shirt, stickers, elixir strings, Taylor picks and a magazine. What an amazing experience. If anyone is every near The Arts Music Store you need to check them out. Great store with even better service. Thanks again Aaron!

Now back to that PRS HBII. The whole time I was playing the Taylor’s my dad was playing this PRS. It was “used” but in amazing condition. 10 top front and back, bird inlays, gold hardware and the piezo system. This guitar was stunning and an amazing deal. So that also came home with us. I have said for years that a PRS HBII would be one of my lottery guitars so the fact that my dad has one is awesome!

On our way out I stopped to thank Michael again and I had the chance to play a $10,000 Presentation Series PS14ce. This guitar was a piece of art.
    Overall an amazing New Guitar Day and thanks to my Mom and Dad for a 30th birthday that I will remember for years. Now on with the pictures.

Taylor 414ce

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Taylor goodies

[​IMG]

The PRS Hollowbody II

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We set out for one and came home with two. I know some of you have had this same thing happen to you!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  2. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

Dude, nice day, indeed!

Enjoy.

3. musicman10_1

musicman10_1 Supporting Member

Now that is a good day!

4. Sean French

Sean French Supporting Member

Happy new guitars day. :banana:banana
    Both are beauties. :aok

5. Caribou

Caribou Silver Supporting Member

Holy crap! You've got a great family!

Sent using Forum Runner

6. dmkz

dmkz Member

Very awesome! Happy birthday to you.

7. orourke

orourke Member

Pretty fancy. Congrats.

8. XKnight

XKnight Member

If your parents are looking to adopt, I'm available.

9. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

Great story.
    Great guitars.
    Great folks.

10. stormin1155

stormin1155 Member

11. luv

luv Member

I got a rock.

12. luv

luv Member

Great day indeed......congrats!

13. Jazzandmore

Jazzandmore Gold Supporting Member

Man your parents know how to make a fantastic birthday. So cool they arranged all the chances to play the guitars and clearly wanted you to be 1000% happy with the present!

14. Mike Duncan

Mike Duncan Member

You do NGD totally right!!

15. dubdub

dubdub Member

You spoiled son...lol.

16. RTR

RTR Supporting Member

Very nice! Awesome NGD

17. AParrotLooksAt4O

AParrotLooksAt4O Member

Nothing beats a nice 414ce. Congrats!