Amazing Slow Downer?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by StratTone, Jul 21, 2008.

1. StratTone

StratTone Member

Who all here uses it? What do you think about it? I actually used to have a code for it but lost it. haha Just wondering what is the best thing to use for slowing down music in your opinion.

2. loudstuff

loudstuff Member

I have it and love it. Have not used other slow-mo products, but the Slow Downer works great for me. I use it to slow down chicken pickin or bebop solos I'm trying to cop.

3. Charles Obscure

Charles Obscure Member

I use it as well. I recently was using the pitch change function to bring up to speed some backing tracks ripped from cassette tapes.

4. Julia343

Julia343 Member

I've got one called Song Surgeon. It does the same thing.

5. robelinda2

robelinda2 Member

great program, works just perfect for my needs.

6. StratTone

StratTone Member

I actually made a tube trade a long time ago for a code for it and went to buy it yesterday since I lost it and found out it is $50 now. :(

7. MartinC

MartinC Member

I've tried it ... downloaded the demo version. It's significantly better than the freeware stuff you can get in that the quality of the audio when running at half speed is MUCH better than, for example, the quality you get from Windows Media Player when you set that to half speed. That's important if there is a lot going on in the music that you're listening to.

8. leond

leond Supporting Member

+1 for Amazing Slow Downer.

I use it on my Mac all the time.

LeonD

9. PFCG

PFCG Member

i like transcribe! but ASD is great too!

10. tdh

tdh Silver Supporting Member

Does what it says it does!
    I like it.
    Tim

11. StevieK

StevieK Member

I use it. It works great. Very good quality.

12. StratTone

StratTone Member

I just need to go ahead and cough up the $50. haha Do they actually give you a disc?

13. halorealm7

halorealm7 Member

Riffster--for free!!! Says it has a trial period but functions never disable. Not quite as clear as the slowdowner but useable.

14. danelectro

danelectro Supporting Member

I downloaded and tried The Amazing Slow Downer years ago, but it had some kind of catch, something like it would stop after 30 seconds. To purchase a full function version you had to send money to someone overseas, so I never bothered.

Then I discovered that Windows Media Player has this function built-in! I use it all the time! To access it, make sure you have the menu bar turned on. Click Play > Play Speed. The option are Fast/Normal/Slow. The Slow setting will slow the speed to 1/2 without changing the pitch. There are more options to change the speed if you click View > Enhancements > Play Speed Settings. I'm currently running Media Player version 10, but I know this function was in earlier versions also.

This function works only on MP3s, so if your source is a CD, you'll have to rip the track to your PC (you can do this from Media Player also).

15. robelinda2

robelinda2 Member

Windows Media sound quality is very much inferior to the Slow Downer. Its pretty much unlistenable after you slow down a song by two notches. Sounds like you under water. You can loop, transpose, save a song thats been slowed down and transposed. ASD is crystal clear even when youve slowed a song down A LOT!

16. StratTone

StratTone Member

Man I sent them an email to see about payment options so I could buy it and still haven't heard back. :-( I wanted to see if they take paypal, anybody know? Its been about a week.

17. StratTone

StratTone Member

Anybody want to sell there copy?

18. Flyin' Brian

Flyin' Brian Member

It's absolutely perfect for me. I love the "ramp up" feature where you loop something and it gradually speeds up on every pass. It's a very useful tool at a bargain price.

19. ReddRanger

ReddRanger Member

Works perfectly for me. I love it.

20. pennylink

pennylink Member

I use the Pacemaker plug-in in WinAmp, sometimes combined with Loop Master. Both are free and work great (if you use WinAmp).