• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

amazing slow downer

soulohio

I try to use the ASD with music files that i download, like mp3's and the file won't play. i am using the trial app. Is there a secret?

JimmyD

I used ASD in the past, it's a pretty good product, but I greatly prefer Transcribe. It's worth the money.

jim

robelinda2

Works fine for me, not sure what might be the problem. I havent had a file type that doesnt work in ASD!

KSKONDOR

I think the trial only lets you play the first two songs on a cd, or chunks of an mp3. I don't remember...it's been a long time.

soulohio

yea, that's the deal...but I tried to open some mp3 Schenker riffs and the damn clips won't open. I work at it some more but...

you all say that Transcribe is the shite? I will try that and if it works I shall purchase! i don't have any issues with paying a few bucks fopr an app that will turn me into Yinyang Immelstein...it will do that, right?

I think the trial only lets you play the first two songs on a cd, or chunks of an mp3. I don't remember...it's been a long time.

JonR

Transcribe is shareware, which means you get the whole program (no limitations) free, for a month. It works best with WAVs, but is fine with MP3s and most other kinds of audio file I'm aware of.
After a month they pester you to register (pop-up messages). When I first got it (years ago), I held out for another month (you could click away the warnings and keep using it), but I finally realised the program was so damn good they deserved their $25 (as it was then). Of course that entitles you to all the upgrades - which you get emailed about, and always install easily.
I can honestly say it's one of the best designed pieces of software I've ever used, for any purpose. Transparent operation, no unnecessary frills (except now they offer a chord-guessing function, which is a waste of space).

The only thing I don't like is the new-ish video function, which lets you slow down videos (great for watching those fingers...) - but it only works with mov and mp4 files, so you need to convert any youtube downloads, which is a PITA.

chinstrap

Yes, upon purchase you will immediately transform into an arrogant Swedish wife beater.
yea, that's the deal...but I tried to open some mp3 Schenker riffs and the damn clips won't open. I work at it some more but...

you all say that Transcribe is the shite? I will try that and if it works I shall purchase! i don't have any issues with paying a few bucks fopr an app that will turn me into Yinyang Immelstein...it will do that, right?

JonR

Yes, upon purchase you will immediately transform into an arrogant Swedish wife beater.
This is a lie!
It's true I have noticed I'm beating my wife more than I used to, but I haven't become ARROGANT AT ALL - she deserves it and has to understand that I AM ALWAYS RIGHT!
:D
- and neither can I speak Swedish... yet... although my hair is turning strangely long and blond....:huh

moozak

Gold Supporting Member
i might be in the minority here... but i prefer ASD... i've used it for a long time... easy to use and never had any problem with it (and i've had both ASD and Transcribe although i haven't tried Transcribe for a long time so perhaps it has changed)

soulohio

how do you play .wma files on a mac? That is the problem with my Schenker riffs file...it is wma. I can't open with Transcribe.

stevebandworks

Gold Supporting Member
I love ASD to death. Much prefer to trascribe - for the op - I would email the developer. He's been prompt in responding to any issues I have had, which have been few.

soulohio

i am on an apple....the.wmv files are jamming me up...i need to convert them somehow...maybe just change the file extension?

soulohio

i tried to rip it with VTL, tried changing the file extension and iTunes won't play it and neither will ASD. The only thing that will play the SchenkerRiffs.wmv is VTL...strange...

Trending Topics