Amazing slow downer

ReddRanger

Free and as good as this software? No, not that I know of.

ASD is a great piece of software that I don't regret buying at all.

JCM 800

Don't be a cheapskate. Buck up and pay for some quality software. It really isn't all that much.

silky_sam

Platinum Supporting Member
or go for the Tascam CD-GT1 (unless I'm missing something)

It's not software, but excellent in all regards....& works on batteries in a pinch!

Mandoboy

Don't be a cheapskate. Buck up and pay for some quality software. It really isn't all that much.
Especially if you want to figure it out correctly. Sound quality counts and makes it easier to hear what's really there (as opposed to what you think is there)...

I'd have given my left eye for this 35 years ago!

acguitar84

I have ASD, and it's a great program. Well worth the investment IMO. I have transcribe too, and it's great for slowing down quicktime clips. For audio, again, in my opinion, i think ASD is better. You can't go wrong with either program though.

GAD

Wubbalubbadubdub
Gold Supporting Member
on the mac, I prefer Capo, but it is also not free. It was super cheap on the iPhone for a while. Worth looking into.

Crikey

or go for the Tascam CD-GT1 (unless I'm missing something)

It's not software, but excellent in all regards....& works on batteries in a pinch!
Wow. I have a CD-GT1, and I really hope the sound quality of Amazing Slow Downer is better, because the CD-GT1 sounds terrible. Barely up to the task of letting me hear the note, at times. I would really like to think there is something better I can upgrade to.

Reading your post makes me wonder if there is something wrong with my CD-GT1, but I know another guy who has one and his is just as bad.

Last edited:

Jim85IROC

I was also going to mention Audacity. I use,it and I'm quite happy with it. I'll usually slow a song down 25 to 30%, and another copy 10 - 15%, and burn those to a cd to practice from, though soon I might just bring my laptop to my practice space so I can just highlight and loop a certain section. I'm getting sick of rewinding constantly.

Trending Topics