Amazon, Chicago Music Exc. All Parts Story

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by bosstone, Mar 23, 2015.

1. bosstone

bosstone Member

I placed an order through Amazon for a replacement bridge for my 80s Danelectro. (The bridges sag under string pressure.) They didn't tell me but they put the order through Chicago Music exchange. I didn't notice at first when I installed the bridge that the screw that they provided to adjust the bridge tilt was too long and had slightly protruded through the back of my guitar ab about 1/16". Last week I brought it to my guitar tech for a professional setup and to turn the combo volume/tone pots into separate, single master tone volume and master control. Immediately he noticed that this bridge too was starting to sag. The invoice was from Chicago Music Exc. so I contacted them with the situation. After three fairly detailed emails it came down to their telling me that they received it from All Parts and that I should contact them. After calling All Parts, they said they get them directly from China from Danelectro and now that it is after 90 days they would take no responsibility. Beware of the bad bridge replacement, let me know if there is a better one and know that buying from Amazon is no guarantee of satisfaction...oh and the same with Chicago Music Exc. even though I own a perfectly good Tele with All Parts body, neck and many parts. I will avoid dealing with any of these companies from now on.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  2. Peteyvee

Peteyvee Premium Platinum Member

It didn't say "Chicago Music Exchange fulfilled by Amazon" in the ad? I find that a little odd...

3. bosstone

bosstone Member

No, I am looking at it this minute. It would be more like, Amazon fulfilled by CME.

4. bayAreaDude

bayAreaDude Member

You're alleging Amazon fulfilled your order through another seller without making that known to you? I see them acknowledge this all the time. Look back through your order history - i bet it was specified.

5. Peteyvee

Peteyvee Premium Platinum Member

So do I...

6. Jay K

Jay K Member

I don't see anything in your description to suggest you contacted Amazon about this. So is your boycott of Amazon based on that they did not disclose to you that when they said the bridge was being sold by CME (as mentioned in your later post), that stood for Chicago Music Exchange? Or have I missed something important that has led to your Amazon boycott?

7. bosstone

bosstone Member

My receipt was from Chicago Building Exchange. My problem with Amazon is the it was difficult to contact them, that they didn't inform me of passing me through to a secondary vender and BTW they didn't inform me that the part wasn't in stock, which did cause me an additional delay of over a week.

8. bayAreaDude

bayAreaDude Member

I've made hundred of purchases on Amazon and it's always been crystal clear to me which items they were selling directly vs. which ones they were merely acting as a storefront for. You can even filter on vendors that way.

9. bosstone

bosstone Member

I purchased my first guitar and amp new in 1963 (Jazzmaster and 63 Deluxe Reverb) with proceeds from morning deliveries of the Chicago Daily News and help from my dad. In those days the "Ma and Pa" music stores took pride in their work, their merchandize and service. This still exists today but you have to look for it and usually have to pay more for the products. The phone call and multiple emails I sent patiently and politely describing the problems came to a waste of time. Sometimes the convenience of the internet and the lure of lower price cost a lot more than you think. Just sayin.

10. bosstone

bosstone Member

Give me your address and I will be glad to send you the invoice. It isn't worth anything to me.

11. Chadjohneto

Chadjohneto Supporting Member

hmmm- I always check parts, lengths etc before I crank them in. It doesn't seem like it is the fault of CME at all. They ordered a part from Allparts and sold it. If they jacked a screw through the back of your guitar that would be one thing, but you did it. CME does a killer job and I am sticking up for them.

12. bosstone

bosstone Member

Easy to say but I will give you the benefit of the doubt on that one. How about the bridge sagging and being pawned off to All Parts?

13. KHAN

KHAN Member

14. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

Did you read this?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/detail...r=A2MEAEA9LRVLVE&sshmPath=returns#aag_returns

15. bayAreaDude

bayAreaDude Member

I have no idea what the invoices look like. This information is presented prior to making a purchase.

16. bosstone

bosstone Member

bayAreaDude, The invoice came with the shipment.

17. bosstone

bosstone Member

I take some responsibility for using the screws that came with the bridge that were incorrectly sized and as I mentioned, I didn't realize the bridge was sagging until months later when my guitar tech pointed it out to me and by then it was beyond the replacement time. I didn't expect the screws of being the wrong ones but perhaps should have suspected that the "new improved" bridge would also have issues. I stick to my original position. Take it or leave it for whatever it is worth to you. I have spent way too much time trying to resolve the problem and alert buyers of possible problems while being questioned all along the way. :bonkPlay on!

18. DustyRhodesJr

DustyRhodesJr Supporting Member

Amazon customer service is second to none that I have ever used.

19. Shnook

Shnook Supporting Member

This^^^^^ The very few times I've had issues with Amazon, and it's only been a shipping thing, they've bent over backwards to make it right. UPS delivered my Prime order several days late and Amazon gave me a $8 credit on my next order once. Wasn't their fault and they still took responsibility.