Amazon gift cards to burn...need some cheap thrills.

tbader

12/27 10:10 pm. Update below.

As the title indicates, I have a little bit of Amazonian goodness stashed away. I am looking at a couple things at this point, but maybe you guys can give some interesting suggestions to chew on.

I'd like to keep it under a hundred, but, if your advertisement/advocacy woos me, I may spend more.

So far, I'm thinking:

1. Rat 2
2. Mooer Tender Octaver

:)

Last edited:

bgmacaw

There are several interesting Behringer pedals at $25 each, like their vibrato pedal.

There are several very good Joyo and Biyang pedals as well.

Mosley

Electric Catnip
Platinum Supporting Member
I spent my Amazon gift cards on the new Catalinbread Fuzzrite (the Moseley version)...it was $140 though. I was also looking at the Mooer Triangle Buff, and it's only $50. Seems like a nice and cheap, small footprint Traingle Muff clone.

Last edited:

Nota

I just got an Amoon looper, and it's just like the Ditto, arguably better, and much smaller (if that were possible). All the same features, true bypass. It's under $30 shipped.

coltonius

Señor Member
Check out Valeton pedals. They're a bit pricier than Mooer and Joyo, but they all sound amazing! The Coral Mod doesn't have a bad sound in it.

Last edited:

tbader

So, I can cross the Rat 2 off this list. :)

I strolled into a really cool vintage store (Center Stage Vintage Guitars) while in the Noblesville, Indiana area for an HVAC service call today.

Lo, and behold, I found an older USA Rat 2 sitting in the case. So, I cracked her open and started to inspect the circuit in order to get an idea how old she is: LM308N, non-CTS pots, and a 3PDT. Looks good to me.

It's more difficult to date these, from what I've read, but it appears to have, perhaps, been made between 2000-2002. If anyone else has a better estimation, I'd like to hear it.

I'm not sure when they started using 3PDT switches and non-CTS pots.

It's probably not "holy grail" RAT material, but it's in incredible condition, it came with its original box, and I got it for a GREAT price (cheaper than a new MIC Rat 2).

BUT, I still gotta burn these Amazon cards. Keep the suggestions rolling!

I like the tiny Chinese pedals, but I think I'd be happier finding an older unique circuit that is not stupid expensive (Arion SCH-1, for example). Something like the DOD 250 (seriously, it's AMAZING with my 18w Marshall Plexi).

I do own a v4 OCD, and Diamond Comp, so I think I'm ok there.

The Triangle Buff looks sweet, but I got my Triangle Muff fix in my Muffuletta (don't start the JHS hate, pls).

Thanks for the suggestions so far, guys!

Jhuttyhut

So, I can cross the Rat 2 off this list. :)

I strolled into a really cool vintage store (Center Stage Vintage Guitars) while in the Noblesville, Indiana area for an HVAC service call today.

Lo, and behold, I found an older USA Rat 2 sitting in the case. So, I cracked her open and started to inspect the circuit in order to get an idea how old she is: LM308N, non-CTS pots, and a 3PDT. Looks good to me.

It's more difficult to date these, from what I've read, but it appears to have, perhaps, been made between 2000-2002. If anyone else has a better estimation, I'd like to hear it.

I'm not sure when they started using 3PDT switches and non-CTS pots.

It's probably not "holy grail" RAT material, but it's in incredible condition, it came with its original box, and I got it for a GREAT price (cheaper than a new MIC Rat 2).

BUT, I still gotta burn these Amazon cards. Keep the suggestions rolling!

I like the tiny Chinese pedals, but I think I'd be happier finding an older unique circuit that is not stupid expensive (Arion SCH-1, for example). Something like the DOD 250 (seriously, it's AMAZING with my 18w Marshall Plexi).

I do own a v4 OCD, and Diamond Comp, so I think I'm ok there.

The Triangle Buff looks sweet, but I got my Triangle Muff fix in my Muffuletta (don't start the JHS hate, pls).

Thanks for the suggestions so far, guys!
I was just in Noblesville over Christmas weekend visiting the in laws! If I had known that RAT was thee, I'd have snatched it up to go along with my '85 WFRI Rat. Congrats to you!

Jim c c

A list of what gear you already have would be helpful. Lavolta power supply. Biyang are great. Joyo is a close second. Phasers rule. I hear good things about joyos Sweet Baby. I want a joyo California. Caline pedals are good. I have the blue ocean delay. Caline pure sky is sweet. I'm not impressed with belcat pedals.

tbader

I was just in Noblesville over Christmas weekend visiting the in laws! If I had known that RAT was thee, I'd have snatched it up to go along with my '85 WFRI Rat. Congrats to you!
You should still check his store out when you get a chance. He has a great selection of vintage pedals, guitars, and amps. Really nice guy. He said his repair business is what keeps his doors open.

He has a couple Arion SCH-1s for $100 each, 70s Maestro Phase, Ram's Head Muff, V3 Muff, old ZVEX, vintage Boss, etc.

I bought this Rat, then killed some time demoing it with a '65 Tele into the normal channel of a '65-'66 Super Reverb. Sounded great.

I really wanted to hear the '73 Marshall Mercury 2060 he has, but it still has the 250v British transformer (and it's way overpriced, but everything else is reasonable).

Jhuttyhut

You should still check his store out when you get a chance. He has a great selection of vintage pedals, guitars, and amps. Really nice guy. He said his repair business is what keeps his doors open.

He has a couple Arion SCH-1s for $100 each, 70s Maestro Phase, Ram's Head Muff, V3 Muff, old ZVEX, vintage Boss, etc.

I bought this Rat, then killed some time demoing it with a '65 Tele into the normal channel of a '65-'66 Super Reverb. Sounded great.

I really wanted to hear the '73 Marshall Mercury 2060 he has, but it still has the 250v British transformer (and it's way overpriced, but everything else is reasonable).
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll stop by next time we visit that area.

sturge

I just got a $150 gift card from GC and have been poking around for something new as well. Never had a looper and discovered Digitech Trio+ Band Creator which looks very cool ($299)...I could see that little box providing inspiration to practice more at home.

For your price range the TC ditto looper or Digitech JamMan Express XT are both in the wheelhouse and appear to be very popular.

synthetica

I just got a $150 gift card from GC and have been poking around for something new as well. Never had a looper and discovered Digitech Trio+ Band Creator which looks very cool ($299)...I could see that little box providing inspiration to practice more at home.

For your price range the TC ditto looper or Digitech JamMan Express XT are both in the wheelhouse and appear to be very popular.

I have one of these I use for practicing at home. Nothing like having a drummer and a base player to play along with. The plus model is perfect for this kind of jam for hours. A little tricky to get used to for the first few minutes but once you get it down its great.

Trending Topics