Ambient Reverb?? HELP!

DavidRAZ

Got a Polara few months ago I'm happy with it, but it's not so good for ambient. Got the Obcura and El Cap Delay. I really like Strymon pedals, so I'm considering the Blue Sky but its so expensive, my other option is the Supermoon chrome. Any other pedal for the job? I don't want to spend to much money.

tabb74

I got a Red Panda Context that was on sale, it was around $165 I think on sale. Normally around $220. It definitely does ambient, no problem. The delay setting is an added bonus, you can blend in some reverb on that one that is slightly modulated.

I think the Supernatural is also supposed to be better for ambient than the Polara, and it's reasonably priced, no experience with it though.

I own the normal supermoon reverb and use it as my only reverb and can tell you that it is certainly a superb pedal for ambient purposes. If the modulation sway is too much you can just back it off and get a really lush subtle ambient reverb or get wild creepy spacy tones when cranked up. I bet the chrome one is even crazier. I would probably choose the neunaber stereo wet as an alternative.

Kestrel

There's the Neunaber WET. There's also the Neunaber WET, and yet another option is the Neunaber WET. In fact, if you look up "ambient reverb" in the dictionary, you will find it defined as Neunaber WET.

DavidRAZ

There's the Neunaber WET. There's also the Neunaber WET, and yet another option is the Neunaber WET. In fact, if you look up "ambient reverb" in the dictionary, you will find it defined as Neunaber WET.
I got it, but what about the Neunaber immerse?

DavidRAZ

I got a Red Panda Context that was on sale, it was around $165 I think on sale. Normally around $220. It definitely does ambient, no problem. The delay setting is an added bonus, you can blend in some reverb on that one that is slightly modulated.

I think the Supernatural is also supposed to be better for ambient than the Polara, and it's reasonably priced, no experience with it though.
I was going to get the context but what I don't like about it is that when you set it to have trails, the blend know act as a volume for your signal and it cut your tone completely! And for a reverb I need one that got trails when off

TheGuildedAge

I'd be tempted to try a mono wet first.

I hated the Blue Sky. Just sounded awful with my setup, no idea why.

I loved the Lovepedal HSR-3 too. Decay wasn't long enough for me though.

Mr Black stuff is decent.

dwoverdrive

Silver Supporting Member
The Strymon DIG is where it's at for ambient delay. Check out a youtube channel called Chords of Orion. This guy that does ambient uses one on everything and its awesome.

Trending Topics