Ambrosi atm-70 for kemper owners

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by rdwilson, Feb 24, 2015.

1. rdwilson

rdwilson Member

does anyone in the USA own the ATM-70 ? I am really thinking about purchasing one , my concern is the power cord plug in , is it correct for us , or do you have to change it ? Sorry if this in the wrong section, being the kpa is digital , I posted here... BTW if you are in the US how much was the total cost in US $$ ? thanks , roger

2. db9091

db9091 Member

This is Viabcroce's area of expertise I think.

From what I can gather here: http://goo.gl/umerTm

You can use your own type of cord (that you get, which looks like a standard computer power cable plug) or buy their "cord pack" which uses one outlet that feeds both units (Kemper and Ambrosi)

But let viabcroce have the final answer to your questions before you buy.

3. Viabcroce

Viabcroce Member

Correct db, the optional mains cord is a standard computer one, except for it being Y-shaped. Ambrosi can't supply localized cords for the whole world, so the optional cord has got a German wall plug which is quite common in Europe.
    If using an adaptor doesn't look like a valuable option, it might be advisable to just not order the cord and use any cord laying around the house :)

I, for one, went for what I already had :)

HTH

4. sugarlou

sugarlou Supporting Member

I'm looking to pull the trigger on a third party retro fit amp for the lunchbox but am a little uneasy about overseas purchases. HOPING A US COMPANY POPS UP!

5. Lution

Lution Member

I am also curious of the cost in US dollars for these units shipped to the US. It's almost like they don't want this info to be made public. I can't find prices anywhere.

6. sugarlou

sugarlou Supporting Member

I was told the prices are floating due to the exchange rate. Was told PayPal would calculate the rate automatically. And was told in the case of Ambrosi it's a first come first served as they are built per order. Not very comforting. We need a US supplier.

7. Viabcroce

Viabcroce Member

Lution, Ambrosi Amps is an artisan, and the units are built in batches and parts purchased according to needs. Sometime a supplier doesn't sell a certain power board any longer, and you need to find an alternative vendor. Parts prices can be very different at times. That's why I prefer to always give the last price, or I'd be obliged to rewrite the list every 10 units.
    Feel free to contact ambrosiamps at gmail dot com for any information. Also, here's Ambrosi Amps FB page with some technical and logistic infos.

HTH :)

8. rdwilson

rdwilson Member

i m waiting on one as we speak , & will pay with paypal, it seems to be the cheapest method of payment that I have found, still don't know for sure of the final cost, I am hoping a us owner will post with info , good luck ,roger

9. Lution

Lution Member

I'd be interested to know the current "range". Are they between $500-$1200?

10. rdwilson

rdwilson Member

according to my calculations a few day ago( I may be off by some ) I am guessing some where near , but possibly less than $400 by the time it gets here (in usa) please someone correct me if I am wrong, roger

11. Viabcroce

Viabcroce Member

The ATM-68 goes for less that 200 € (duties excluded)