American Audio Line Array

wpawley

Yesterday, I saw a small Line Array system at Southern Music (Cordele, Ga) made by American Audio. It's a Powered system consisting of 2 sets of dual 5" mid/high drivers X 1 3/4" Horn driver (4-stack on each side) and (1) 15" Sub. According to the salesman, the system is 800 watts, power amps are contained in the Sub enclosure, and it is all Digitally controlled by a Samsung Tablet. Demo of the system sounded pretty darn good in a 40X30 room (filled with other PA gear). LOUD but not Distorted Loud. I didn't ask the price of it because it seems like every customer in the area came in, with money in hand, and the salesman got busy with them. That pretty much ended the demo and any further info gathering in the store for me. So, now I'm looking on-line to see what I couldn't find out in the store and not finding anything about this system. Anyone seen what I have typed about and can point me in the right direction?

wpawley

Yep, looks like it. I read what the site said. For as low a power is says it is, still had a lot of Volume and a really decent sound. Might be a pretty good small venue/practice room PA. Thanks for the reply 335guy.

wpawley

Priced way too much for what little power I found out it had anyway($2300 range). It would be fine for a small venue or practice if the price was right. Found out that this particular system had been rented out more than a few times to DJ's and worked out just fine for them. This makes it a "Used" system and I wouldn't pay half of what was being asked (even if it was new).

Trending Topics