American Deluxe (HSS) pick up replacement question....

Chill_Billy

Hi guys. I just grabbed myself a 2010 AD HSS strat which I'm totally loving EXCEPT the stock HB which sounds kinda screechy to me. I've been eye-balling the SD pearly gates trembucker with the nickel cover but I'm finding a lot of conflicting info online about complications regarding hole size in the stock pick guard and the mounting screw config that Seymour uses. I was hoping to just pop it in and not have to go through the hassle of ordering a new pick guard and transferring all the electronics etc...
Can someone set me straight?

Steve Dallas

I swapped the pickups in my American Deluxe HSS with a pair of Custom Shop 69s, a Pearly Gates Plus (no cover) and an RS electronics kit. I had to drill one screw hole for the humbucker to get it to fit. It does not look like there would be room for the cover without modification of the pickguard on mine.

0_0_f27a1d43ad27cc49a5c6ade8e322500f_1

0_0_4b4d25f6bb6cf8a6259b7e6fbc8e89e9_1

Heh. These pictures remind me I need to do something about that color scheme. :messedup

crunchman

The cover will not fit, just went through this with a 14' strat, it's the rounded corners. New p/g or no cover.

gulliver

Silver Supporting Member
Pickguard swap shouldn't take long, though, half hour at the most.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom