• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

American Deluxe Strat Plus

John C

Gold Supporting Member
My first thought - "Welcome to 1985 Ernie Ball Music Man technology" with the solderless connections for the pickguard. Yep - their first guitar, the Silhouette, had that when it was introduced at the 1985 Summer NAMM show, and back then they offered 4 different pickguards (SSS, HSS, HSH, and HH) for sale. In fact the EBMM Sihouette and Silhouette Special models still have a molex connector to attach the pickguards to the guitar even though EBMM no longer sells extra pickguards (and only offers an HSH for the Silhouette and either an SSS or HSS for the Silo Special).

The voice cards do sound kind of cool - an easy way to reconfigure the guitar for those so inclined. However - they both seem to be solutions in search of problems (just like EBMM's "Game Changer" thing).

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
I agree with John - none of these issues really are major problems. You can swap pickups in 30 minutes. Just because you want to flash fry a Buffalo in 8 seconds doesn't mean you should.

TheBuffalo

I agree with John - none of these issues really are major problems. You can swap pickups in 30 minutes. Just because you want to flash fry a Buffalo in 8 seconds doesn't mean you should.
yea but alot of people are scared to mess with it because they dont want to ruin their guitar. I think its kind of cool personally, but i change my own pickups and all that all the time, and like you said its not hard so no this doesnt interest me. But im sure it will interest alot of others

Badside

The real issue is that a guitar this price needs a pickup upgrade (not a fan of the N3s).

What I do like though is that it is... drum roll... CHEAPER than the regular American Deluxe! Yet still has the compound radius, the locking tuner, BUT it has the vintage style saddles.
Now if I could just order it with Fat 50's from the factory, it'd be perfect.

Plus that blue is gorgeous.

snow and steel

Silver Supporting Member
The real issue is that a guitar this price needs a pickup upgrade (not a fan of the N3s).

What I do like though is that it is... drum roll... CHEAPER than the regular American Deluxe! Yet still has the compound radius, the locking tuner, BUT it has the vintage style saddles.
Now if I could just order it with Fat 50's from the factory, it'd be perfect.

Plus that blue is gorgeous.
+1

i'm with this guy, though I might choose the standard pickups, or even the 56/62 set. THAT would be awesome.

Matt L

I think it's a good upgrade. The card thing could be very interesting, although the video is hilarious....he basically rolls the tone control on and off. AMAZING NEW TECH!!

airportbar

Sonofabitch, I thought we were getting a reissue of the Lace Sensor/swimming pool route/roller nut Strat Pluses.

Sonofabitch.

IPLAYLOUD

Gold Supporting Member
It will allow us to play a guitar with same dynamics and technique all the time and sound different!
It will allow us not to have to touch a Tone Knob again!

Ughhhh.

I prefer my Strats with no personalities.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom