• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

American Girl Riff Mike Campbell

Gretsch6120

Does anyone know how to play the outro riff (the hammer on pull off thing), its been driving me nuts, did he double track it or something. I have listen to it live and it sounds like a maybe a triplet on each one. Any help would be great!

bagpipe

You have to use hybrid picking (pick and fingers) or just fingers. Its something like this (going from memory here). Then just slide up to the 9th fret and repeat, then the 12th fret etc. If you haven't used hybrid picking before, it'll probably take a while to get it up to speed:

E-----------------------------
B--10p7----9p7----10p7----9p7--
G-------7------7--------7-----7
D------------------------------
A------------------------------
E------------------------------

Zexcoil

Vendor
You have to use hybrid picking (pick and fingers) or just fingers. Its something like this (going from memory here). Then just slide up to the 9th fret and repeat, then the 12th fret etc. If you haven't used hybrid picking before, it'll probably take a while to get it up to speed:

B--10p7----9p7----10p7----9p7--
I do it

B--8p7----10p7----8p7----10p7--

with alternate picking, downstrokes on the B, upstrokes on the G. The key for me to getting this up to speed is economical right hand motion.

Gretsch6120

I have been playing like you guys have to shown but I guess I'm missing the hybrid picking of the strings, I will have to give it a try.

Trending Topics