• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

American Idle slipping??

Nolatone Ampworks

Platinum Supporting Member
Is it just me or has the overall production of American Idol slipped from last year?

I was really enjoying the band, and production last year, but this year it seems back to karaoke the few times I've watched.

Sort of a bummer for me :-/

RSRD

LMAO ....really? Shouldnt this be in the pub. I dont see much musical about American Idol

Shnook

Silver Supporting Member
I think the band and some of these arrangements have actually hurt the performers this year. Muzak anyone???? Personally, I don't like this show, but my housemate watches it. I see it here and there and so far, I'm not impressed by anything this season.

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Supporting Member
My wife's theory is that they already found all the undiscovered talent.

Nolatone Ampworks

Platinum Supporting Member
Another thing, watching this while researching slot cars (I'm gonna get back into that with my son, should be a hoot!), WTF's up with Simon? He's actually civil in most cases. I liked him better before the medicated him!

Another thing, watching this while researching slot cars (I'm gonna get back into that with my son, should be a hoot!), WTF's up with Simon? He's actually civil in most cases. I liked him better before the medicated him!
For medicated, look no farther than Paula. She gets crazier every year. IMo, Kara's only on the show because they're getting ready for Paula to go off the deep end.

Anyways, I think the judges are always more civil right now. For one, the talents better, and they don't have to sit through hours of crap for one bit of cream. Also, what they say at this point has little, if any, effect on the voting outcome.

jiml

Gold Supporting Member
The band really doesn't start to kick in until they move into the bigger theatre, and you actually get to see them, IMO..

That said, the drummer did mess up tonight on the country tune the blonde was singing.

I stopped watching when they got a new set & hid the band all the way upstairs. I love seeing Paul Jackson Jr. play even if I have to watch american idol to do it

bforest4

Silver Supporting Member
The band sounds horrible this year
The band has always had horrible, wimpy, arrangements. I think they should fire the bass player who is the band leader, how can you screw up that bad with all those talented musicians! They don't touch the house band on the defunct Rockstar INXS, and Rockstar Supernova. In fact, every other house band on TV smokes them.

I really don't dig the new judge, she messes with the whole bizarre chemistry the judges had before. She is way too serious, brings nothing new, is condescending, and just extra baggage.

I am glad the show exists because it has helped bring back melodic music and helped to kill off rap(along with Guitar Hero.)

smallbutmighty

Silver Supporting Member
Danny, the guy with the rectangle glasses, is amazing. This entire season pretty much sucks for all the reason already mentioned, but it will all have been worth it if it gives Danny the platform he needs to go somewhere. The guy has chops, tone, emotion....everything. He is proof there is still "undiscovered" talent out there.

ac

Trending Topics