• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

American Musical Supply?

otaypanky

Play it like you mean it ~
Platinum Supporting Member
I bought two 'B' stock items from AMS in the last 2 or 3 weeks. Neither order shipped same day as it was supposed to but did ship out the next day. One item had a small issue but I cannot fault them for not knowing about it. One of the base plate screw holes on a wah pedal was stripped. The item looked brand new and functioned perfectly. They exchanged it for a new one at no extra charge and issued a shipping label N/C for the return. I also got a Ludwig Speed King bass drum pedal, again, just like new ~

JumpMarine

I've bought several things from them over the years from small stuff to guitars and amps. Never had a single bad issue dealing with them.

RCM78

I bought a few things from them. Very quick shipping and no problems with the products...

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks for all the replies.

I just bought the Line 6 Relay G30 Digital Wireless unit.
Normally $299 but they also have some "B" Stocks at $199.

rburkard

Double Platinum Member
Great experience with them. I bought just recently a PRS 503 at a "dent and scratch" price, however the guitar does not have any dent or scratch.
Rene

gvonpaul

Never had a bad experience with them. I especially like being able to break purchases down into smaller payments and spread them out. It's the main reason I go to them as opposed to other dealers. It's a lot easier for me to make a $500 purchase at $167 a month than all at once.
Wait a minute, that means they are enabling my gear addiction! I HATE THEM!

Travst

They are the support for Hagstrom US. When I bought a Swede from another dealer and the neck was cracked, AMS fixed me right up, no problems. Great service from them.

airportbar

If only they offered more periodic "percentage-off" sales like MF does, I'd never order from MF again.

b2sc

Silver Supporting Member
I found a great advertised price on a digital workstation. I called them and wanted them to match it per their policy. They refused stating it was below their cost. Really? " So what's the sense of the policy if you only match what you want to?" <silence>

MF matched the price which was rediculously low. I won't shop at AMS now because they don't adhere to their stated policies.

WurstBurst

I found a great advertised price on a digital workstation. I called them and wanted them to match it per their policy. They refused stating it was below their cost. Really? " So what's the sense of the policy if you only match what you want to?" <silence>

MF matched the price which was rediculously low. I won't shop at AMS now because they don't adhere to their stated policies.

You should actually read their policy before claiming they don't adhere to it. It states pretty clearly that they won't match prices when it is being sold below cost as a loss-leader:

"AMS will not offer price protection against other dealers who have advertised "loss leaders." Some retailers will try to attract you to buy a product by selling certain products below a reasonable price. Based on our information on dealer cost, if another vendor is advertising an item at a price below which we think they can profitably offer all their items, AMS cannot offer price protection. If you find a retailer who will sell you a product for less than what they paid for it, you should buy it, but they might not be around for long. "

For the record, I've had nothing but good dealings with AMS (and super fast shipping because their warehouse is nearby on the east coast, I believe).

fusion01

Recently bought a Dean Soltero and no problems. Have 2 Gibson 50's Tributes (White and CherryBurst) on pre/back-order and I don't expect any problems.

ryantorres

Best shipping of the big online retailers. They have supply houses all over. Never messed up one of my orders. They throw in all kinds of goodies.

RocksOff

Interesting that this got brought up.
I ordered a Keyboard case from them over the weekend and used PayPal to pay for it. The Paypal account transaction still reads pending, my order isn't on the AMS account status page, and they haven't responded to my email about it that I sent this morning.

I've never had problems with them before. I wonder what's going on.

b2sc

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for pointing out it wasn't their policy. You're right, I didn't read the fine print. Good for them, AMS has a loophole in the fine print. They rock for that. Woohoo.

But the moral of my tale is... MF matched it, AMS wouldn't. That is my personal experience.

You should actually read their policy before claiming they don't adhere to it. It states pretty clearly that they won't match prices when it is being sold below cost as a loss-leader:

"AMS will not offer price protection against other dealers who have advertised "loss leaders." Some retailers will try to attract you to buy a product by selling certain products below a reasonable price. Based on our information on dealer cost, if another vendor is advertising an item at a price below which we think they can profitably offer all their items, AMS cannot offer price protection. If you find a retailer who will sell you a product for less than what they paid for it, you should buy it, but they might not be around for long. "

For the record, I've had nothing but good dealings with AMS (and super fast shipping because their warehouse is nearby on the east coast, I believe).

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
Well I ordered the Line 6 Relay G30 guitar wireless on Sunday night. It arrived yesterday (Wednesday). Fast shipping.

This was labeled as a "B" stock item but came in the original packaging with full manufacturer's warranty. I save $100 off what everyone else is selling them for.

I used it at rehearsal last night and it works GREAT.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom