• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

American Professional Jazzmaster?

Bradmeister

I played one in a Guitar Center in Dallas recently. I didn't plug it in, for fear I might want to take it home. That Mystic Seafoam is gorgeous! It's much better in person than on the Fender site. The guitar played very well, and I really liked the neck. It had a satin finish on the back and felt really nice.

duaneallen

I played one too. Really liked it. Does anyone know if the tremolo spacing is the "correct" vintage spacing from the bridge?

VaughnC

Silver Supporting Member
Not much feedback out there yet...so I got very curious about the modern version as I haven't played a Jazzmaster in years. Couldn't find any locally so I have an APJM on its way on approval when MF gave me a 20% discount :).

Back in the 60's, a Jazzmaster was my first good guitar so it has a place in my heart...but I ultimately became a Strat guy.

However, a fellow forumite has a video of his band posted with him playing his new JM but he didn't play any solo's...the chordal rhythm sounded great though:
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Comments to follow as I get some play time under my belt!

Last edited:

megatonic

Gold Supporting Member
Not much feedback out there yet...so I got very curious about the modern version as I haven't played a Jazzmaster in years. Couldn't find any locally so I have an APJM on its way on approval when MF gave me a 20% discount :).

Back in the 60's, a Jazzmaster was my first good guitar so it has a place in my heart...but I ultimately became a Strat guy.

However, a fellow forumite has a video of his band posted with him playing his new JM but he didn't play any solo's...the chordal rhythm sounded great though:
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Comments to follow as I get some play time under my belt!
Just seeing this for the 1st time.

Is there a little "Dismemberment Plan" influence in there?

MADasHELL

Just seeing this for the 1st time.

Is there a little "Dismemberment Plan" influence in there?

So i am the forumite who posted that video about 17 months ago. Still have the Jazzmaster, and it is still my #1. And yes, there is no solos/leads on that song (as the song doesn’t call for it), so I’ll share one with a solo. This is from the 8x10 in Baltimore in January. Excuse our singer’s performance, he was dealing with some health issues but didn’t want to cancel the show. My rig was Jazzmaster into Shure GLDX16, RMC 8, Boss FV-30L, Nano POG, King of Tone (high gain both sides), Klon KTR (set to mikd breakup, on the wntire song), VB-2W, Sonic Research tuner, CE-2W, Dd-500 (on the entire song, seitching between two settings), Mad Professor Silver Spring (mild settings for depth).

And FWIW, I’ve never listened to Dismemberment Plan.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtcpg8j05qlf139/Slow With The Ghost Sample (1).m4v?dl=0

Trending Topics

Top Bottom